Coulter & O'Reilly both make stunning statements

KipWellsFan

Ann Coulter explains to fellow winger Brent Bozell on the 7/26 Sean Hannity Show that Bush should appoint a more extreme Judge than Roberts to the Supreme Court because “we have the media now”
http://www.oliverwillis.com/2005/07/26/ann...ia-now/#respond

audio file

http://www.oliverwillis.com/wp-content/cou...avethemedia.mp3

I wish I had the entire interview to get the full context

The Liberal Press no longer controls the media
source: O'Reilly Factor's Talking Points Commentary

Don't have a direct link for the video but you can find the video on foxnews.com video section

oh and just for the hell of it

FLASH: CABLE NEWS RACE

NITE OF MON, JULY 25, 2005

FOXNEWS O'REILLY 2,594,000 [VIEWERS]

FOXNEWS GRETA 2,534,000

FOXNEWS HANNITY/COLMES 2,275,000

CNN LARRY KING 1,533,000

CNNHN NANCY GRACE 797,000

CNN AARON BROWN 564,000

CNN ZAHN 513,000

MSNBC OLBERMANN 331,000

MSNBC SCARBOROUGH 326,000

MSNBC HARDBALL 233,000

MSNBC TUCKER 153,000

http://www.drudgereport.com/

Edited by KipWellsFan

YAS, I'm sure there is a strong contingent of the viewers who are like me -- grab a beer or three and laugh my ass off at the stupidity/lies their talking heads spew and the total non-debate that goes on in any of their shows.

I think Neil Cavuto said it best about Fox: "Am I slanted and biased? You damn well bet I am."

The thing is, most of them say it, see your quote, LCR.

That's the difference to me, CNN and the "big three" as well as the NY Times and the bigger rags will all fight to the bitter end to say they're not biased, which is crap. I can handle it if they tell you that they are biased and let you decide what to watch.

QUOTE(winodj @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 08:56 AM)
I would argue that the most balanced journalists around on Cable TV today - despite any personal biases are:

Keith Olbermann, and very sadly - Jon Stewart.

I liked Keith Olbermann a lot better when he was doing SportsCenter.

QUOTE(winodj @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 08:27 AM)
I find his show quite refreshing. He covers actual news... and not 20 minutes of "It's Hot in July."

Did you know that there's a young pregnant woman in Pennsylvania who's now been missing for nine days? What, you haven't heard about it?

Oh yeah, her name was Latoyia Figueroa . Care to guess now why you haven't heard about her?

Seriously though, the press won't cover this one because she's not white and blonde...there are a couple internet-based groups that have tried to raise funds as a reward to find her, if you can spare a few...there's links at that page.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 03:57 PM)
Did you know that there's a young pregnant woman in Pennsylvania who's now been missing for nine days?  What, you haven't heard about it?

Oh yeah, her name was Latoyia Figueroa .  Care to guess now why you haven't heard about her?

Seriously though, the press won't cover this one because she's not white and blonde...there are a couple internet-based groups that have tried to raise funds as a reward to find her, if you can spare a few...there's links at that page.

That's just sick.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 10:57 AM)
Did you know that there's a young pregnant woman in Pennsylvania who's now been missing for nine days?  What, you haven't heard about it?

Oh yeah, her name was Latoyia Figueroa .  Care to guess now why you haven't heard about her?

Thanks for posting that. Just because the mainstream doesn't pick up a story like this, doesn't mean her life isn't as important.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 08:54 AM)
The thing is, most of them say it, see your quote, LCR.

That's the difference to me, CNN and the "big three" as well as the NY Times and the bigger rags will all fight to the bitter end to say they're not biased, which is crap.  I can handle it if they tell you that they are biased and let you decide what to watch.

Right. I stand by the old HST quote that objective journalism is a pompous contradiction of terms. But Fox is one of the most vocal in their "Fair and Balanced" stance meanwhile their anchors are admitting that the F&B slogan is just a bunch of bulls***.

Once again Fair = both sides get to talk, Balanced = equal time.

That's all they ever claimed. They never said they aren't entitled to thier own opinion. Given that Murdoch is Mr Conservative it should come as no surprise to those watching what that opinion is.

Now if you claim they repeatedly deny the other side the right to talk or don't give the other side equal time then you have a legitimate claim they are not living up to their motto.

As for Oberman he is sorely missed on Sportscenter. He was a far better entertainer of news then the people they have now. Keith was a natural where the guys now always seem to be forcing a joke out.

I am shocked by those ratings. Maybe Keith will go back to ESPN soon.

MSNBC is getting trounced.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 02:26 PM)
Once again Fair = both sides get to talk, Balanced = equal time.

That's all they ever claimed.  They never said they aren't entitled to thier own opinion.  Given that Murdoch is Mr Conservative it should come as no surprise to those watching what that opinion is.

Now if you claim they repeatedly deny the other side the right to talk or don't give the other side equal time then you have a legitimate claim they are not living up to their motto.

As for Oberman he is sorely missed on Sportscenter.  He was a far better entertainer of news then the people they have now.  Keith was a natural where the guys now always seem to be forcing a joke out.

I am shocked by those ratings.  Maybe Keith will go back to ESPN soon.

MSNBC is getting trounced.

As much as I'd like Olberman back on Sportscenter, 1) he burned too many bridges when he left and 2) he is way too much of a personality to be on sportscenter. ESPN makes sure that as soon as their anchors develop any sort of personality are off the show, so that if they do leave it won't be devistating. Hence the Stan Verretts and Scott Reeses of the world.

QUOTE(winodj @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 09:56 AM)
I would argue that the most balanced journalists around on Cable TV today - despite any personal biases are:

Keith Olbermann, and very sadly - Jon Stewart.

I can agree with that. I enjoy Keiths show. Its serious when it needs to be, and light/funny when it needs to be.

I also enjoy Aaron Brown's show on CNN. Its so calm compared to anything else on cable news.

as for the liberal media be smashed to peices accoring to Coulter and O'Reilly. Good for them for saying that. Nobody can use it for an excuse when things dont go their way anymore.

As much as I'd like Olberman back on Sportscenter, 1) he burned too many bridges when he left and 2) he is way too much of a personality to be on sportscenter.  ESPN makes sure that as soon as their anchors develop any sort of personality are off the show, so that if they do leave it won't be devistating.  Hence the Stan Verretts and Scott Reeses of the world.

But don't you think Keith would be great on MNF?

He would, but what I'm saying is that networks are afraid of him because he's smarter than 95% of the population and he's not afraid to show it. They like tools like Joe Theismann and Bill Walton.

We all saw how the general public responded to Dennis Miller. If you're not appealing to the lowest common denominator when it comes to sports, you're labeled as "too smart", whatever that means.

Edited by Spiff

He would, but what I'm saying is that networks are afraid of him because he's smarter than 95% of the population and he's not afraid to show it.  They like tools like Joe Theismann and Bill Walton.

We all saw how the general public responded to Dennis Miller.  If you're not appealing to the lowest common denominator when it comes to sports, you're labeled as "too smart", whatever that means.

Keith as a charm that Miller never had. Keith has never come across as either abrasive or irrelevant as Miller as. I don't think the networks fear Keith as much as they fear losing Madden. They are always looking for the next Madden. Madden's good but not so good as to seek clones of him.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 09:57 AM)

Fox covered it yesterday and just had something on again this morning. :huh