Ancient Rome..

Steff

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 09:06 AM)
Rome is on my "must see" list after the Valley of the Kings in Eygpt and Jerusalem.

I spent about a week there when I was abroad and it's amazing. I loved it--so beautiful. The people are incredibly nice and kind, and it's just a truly magical place. I loved being surrounded by history, just incredible.

Funny Rome story: I was walking around some of the ruins, an old market place and this man comes up to me and says (in English with a thick Italian Accent) It's a Beeeeeuuuutiful day. Then he proceeds to give me a tour of the whole area saying what the ruins used to be and lots of cool info like that. It was really cool--afterwards he invited me back to his apartment, but I really appreciated having my own Roman tour guide for an hour-ish. The Italians were definitely some of the nicest people I met on my travels.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 07:25 AM)
Wow.  Hard to believe they built all that in a day.

Wait, no... uhm, nevermind.

:D

Can you show proof that it wasn't built in a day? Everybody keeps saying it wasn't, but has that ever been proven? I think Jugghead should enlighten us all and tell us why Rome wasn't built in a day. I wonder if a central force also built Rome in 7 days and that's why we got the phrase that Rome wasn't built in a day. :P

QUOTE(zach61 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 05:55 PM)
Can you show proof that it wasn't built in a day? Everybody keeps saying it wasn't, but has that ever been proven? I think Jugghead should enlighten us all and tell us why Rome wasn't built in a day. I wonder if a central force also built Rome in 7 days and that's why we got the phrase that Rome wasn't built in a day. :P

Ugh.. please.. not another ruined thread. :ph34r:

Sad. Very sad. The intelligence of people around here .. makes you wonder.

The phrase "Rome wasn't built in a day" is a testament to the glory, artistry & magnificence of Rome. All of which was built over centuries.

In my opinion it's outdated. The greatest empire the world has ever seen is Britain. Their mark of imperialism on the world is still evident today. Second to Britain would be us.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 03:16 PM)
Sad. Very sad.  The intelligence of people around here .. makes you wonder.

The phrase "Rome wasn't built in a day" is a testament to the glory, artistry & magnificence of Rome.  All of which was built over centuries. 

In my opinion it's outdated.  The greatest empire the world has ever seen is Britain.  Their mark of imperialism on the world is still evident today. Second to Britain would be us.

Dang dude, it was a JOKE. Lighten up. You've been on a tirade all week.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 12:01 PM)
Dang dude, it was a JOKE.  Lighten up.  You've been on a tirade all week.

Prozac script runs out.. and a decient thread gets ruined..

Mods.. maybe can you clean up the vomit.. err.. bulls*** from here..??? :huh

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 12:32 PM)
Duh!  Christians don't believe in the use of mind-altering substances.  Now Heathens are another story entirely.

Perhaps it's all the drinking you do then... raging alcoholics have nasty mood swings I hear.

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 01:43 PM)
I spent about a week there when I was abroad and it's amazing. I loved it--so beautiful. The people are incredibly nice and kind, and it's just a truly magical place. I loved being surrounded by history, just incredible.

Funny Rome story: I was walking around some of the ruins, an old market place and this man comes up to me and says (in English with a thick Italian Accent) It's a Beeeeeuuuutiful day. Then he proceeds to give me a tour of the whole area saying what the ruins used to be and lots of cool info like that. It was really cool--afterwards he invited me back to his apartment, but I really appreciated having my own Roman tour guide for an hour-ish. The Italians were definitely some of the nicest people I met on my travels.

Invited you to his apartment??? Shoot, I can give plenty of tours of Chicago!!!!!