Bryan Dolgin

Steff

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 08:31 AM)
What do you guys think about him following the Sox over to the Score..? What's the general feeling on him..?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

He is all fluff and no stuff. I would rather have J Hood do the pregame and post game.

He is slowly growing on me. It is rough because Dave Wills had such an infectious personality. You felt the pain of the games with him, along with the elation. Dolgin is solid on his knowledge and stuff like that, but replacing Dave Wills is a big set of shoes to fill. I keep trying to judge Dolgin in a vacuum, but I can't do it yet.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 09:49 AM)
I like Dolgin better than I liked Wills, but I never liked Wills at all, so almost anyone would have been better IMO.

I can take or leave Dolgin.

Amen, Wills was awful. He was biased to the point of being an embarassment to the team and the fans.

Dolgin, eh whatever.

Something annoys me in an Anthrax kind of way about him. Too much Stuart Scott lingo type crap. I don't really get the impression he is a big fan either. Like one of those guys that got the job becasue they like doing radio which is good but it doesn't work to get teh fans to listen all of the time. This was why I like Wills and Hawk.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 09:52 AM)
I don't mind him,but I wish they would have given Defalco the job.

Maybe Defalco had to choose between pre and post game for Sox, or a daily 9-12 sports talk show. that would be an easy choice for me.

wills was garbage

Wow, first post, what a way to enter the scene, geez.

Wills = great guy, huge Sox fan, heart on the sleeve guy, easy to identify him with the Sox fan base. Thought he went way over the top with all the name dropping though.

Dolgin = tries hard, still growing into the role, finding his rhythm, I think he does a good job. He is not as forceful and blustery as Wills and sometimes that's what it takes to be an identifiable postgame guy.

If Bryan comes over to the Score, it wouldn't affect my listening one way or the other. I tune in for information vs. strictly due to a personality type.

Steff is this a covert marketing survey that will be shared with people at the ballpark or elsewhere? I get the feeling it is ... :D