Bryan Dolgin

Steff

Dolgan is OK, not great, not terrible, yet somewhere inbetween. I liked Wills because he was a fan, but I was annoyed by his Cubs antics. I listen to the pre and post to hear White Sox talk, not Cubs bashing or references to "The Shrine."

One guy who is getting on my nerves is Bill Melton. People will call in the post game show after a tough loss questioning certain managerial decisions, or game tactics and Melty will bash the caller for even questioning Ozzie. He'll always side with the organization even if it was clearly not the right decision at the time. He needs to grow a set and be able to say Ozzie, or whomever was wrong.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hated to see Wills go. He was a genuine Sox fan. But he got the job he always wanted. More power to him.

Dolgin, in my opinion, started off kind of nervous with a lot of "uhhs" and "umms" at the start, especially with callers. But now he's grown into his role and sounds comfortable. I wouldn't mind if he moved over to the Score.

Hey guys, I actually have a Soxtalk interview coming up with Bryan. I was going to wait to announce this and all, but if you guys have any questions you would like me to ask Bryan, please post away.

Would you guys even be interested in an interview with Bryan? I figured we could ask him about life with the Sox and how it has changed his life for the better/worse.

It ya'll are interested, it would probably get done within the next week or so.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 01:00 PM)
Hey guys, I actually have a Soxtalk interview coming up with Bryan.  I was going to wait to announce this and all, but if you guys have any questions you would like me to ask Bryan, please post away.

Would you guys even be interested in an interview with Bryan?  I figured we could ask him about life with the Sox and how it has changed his life for the better/worse.

It ya'll are interested, it would probably get done within the next week or so.

I know I am not an official voice anymore, but I gotta say, HELL YA!!! I think it would be great.

Well, three groups for sure who like Wills better than Dolgin:

South Oaks Dodge of Midlothian

The Galleria of Jewelry

Miller Lite

oh, also ... everybody in Oak Lawn. :P

Dalgan's OK but I loved Dave Wills....Despite the Cub rantings (No need to care about that team if you ask me), he was personable and displayed the same passion about the Sox pre and postgame as most fans do....The Score will give that duty to Jonathan Hood, who's a die hard Sox fan as well but does call it as he sees it so no butt kissing will be found next yr....

Bryan Dolgin is shameful and should never be placed on radio...Defalco or someone better should have been given the job.

Don't follow the Sox to the score, your too boring and dry, Dolgin.

I hate the score, so it blows that I have to switch my dial over from 1000.

Mac Jurko and Harry are much better than any s*** the Score tries to put together.

Screw you Mitch Rosen, you left ESPN Radio 1000...Len Weiner was a better program director than you'll ever be.

QUOTE(Allsox @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 01:42 PM)
Dalgan's OK but I loved Dave Wills....Despite the Cub rantings (No need to care about that team if you ask me), he was personable and displayed the same passion about the Sox pre and postgame as most fans do....The Score will give that duty to Jonathan Hood, who's a die hard Sox fan as well but does call it as he sees it so no butt kissing will be found next yr....

good cause Dolgin does that A LOT!

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 08:52 AM)
I don't mind him,but I wish they would have given Defalco the job.

I don't think Carmen would want it. I personally would consider it a downward move. Plus, he would have to go to the other station. Carmen would be good though.

QUOTE(mrzo2733 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 03:11 PM)
I don't think Carmen would want it. I personally would consider it a downward move. Plus, he would have to go to the other station. Carmen would be good though.

It was Carmen's... he screwed it up when he attacked Jerry

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 02:49 PM)
It was Carmen's... he screwed it up when he attacked Jerry

That was all Silvy's doing. I would find it very hard to believe JR has any ill will towards DeFalco.

If you were listening, Silverman really did conduct the interview under false pretenses.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 04:21 PM)
That was all Silvy's doing.  I would find it very hard to believe JR has any ill will towards DeFalco.

If you were listening, Silverman really did conduct the interview under false pretenses.

no Carmen and JR are fine. Harry said that Carmen and JR talked and resolved everything between them.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 05:43 PM)
makes no sense because that was opening day right?  and Dolgin got the job before opening day.

No, it wasn't. It was in the spring way before Bryan was named as Dave's replacement.

The infamous interview between Silverman, DeFalco and Jerry Reinsdorf took place on Opening Day, quickman and I listened to it on the way to the game.

DeFalco had done some color and play-by-play with Harrelson for a few spring training games and by all accounts, held his own.

In that interview, it was clearly Silverman who was pushing Reinsdorf's buttons, so I'd seriously doubt Reinsdorf would have much of an issue with DeFalco. Carmen is pretty easy going, whereas Silverman could be described as less than easygoing.