Dye's Spiderbites, from Rieferts blog

southsider2k5

Hope ou have a strong stomach for this one... :puke

It sure was nice to see Jermaine Dye back in the lineup -- and contributing in a big way -- last night.  His loss, along with the Big Hurt, for the Boston series certainly changed the look of our lineup.  Nice to have him back.

I know quite a few people enjoyed a laugh at Jermaine's spider episode.  Maybe we didn't do a very good job of stressing that it was the infection that caused the problems, and it was painful.  As Ken Williams described it, the bites went up and down his leg with puss and mucous seeping out.  Antibiotics didn't seem to do much at first.  At one point, Jermaine was laying on a table in the training room, biting on a towel in pain as they dug into the bites and tried to remove the puss and mucous.  Eventually, he spent a night in the hospital getting more potent medicine.  It was so hot this weekend (and since the wounds were seeping), that there was concern that if we wrapped his leg so that he could play, the mixture of sweat and puss would run down his leg would only make things worse.  Of course he had to slide and hit the wall last night.  Welcome back, Jermaine.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 01:56 PM)
Hope ou have a strong stomach for this one... :puke

ill tell you what, i just got over probably the nastiest case of poison ivy i have ever seen, and i had to wear sleeves for 3 weeks in teh heart of summer. what i had sounds very similar to JD, with the blisters and infections on them (since both spider bite and poison ivy are both allergic reactions). it wasnt fun, and it caused my entire knee to swell up quite a bit. there would be no way i woulda been able to slide on it. altho....if you paid me 4 mil a year like they do dye, i woulda slid on it