since laz diaz got attacked

baggio202

every close call has gone against the sox..and alot that wernt even that close..like tonight's at 2nd..jose makes a great play on a rocket hit by olerud..gets the force at 2nd..replay shows the runner was out by a good FOOT..a good 12 inches....ump calls him safe...

this kind of stuff didnt start happening until after the attack...im not one thats big on this conspircy theory stuff but man its gotta make you wonder...when is the last time a close play went our way???

But when you're down 5..... 6..... hell, however many runs the White Sox were behind at the time, the team on the whipping end usually gets the close calls. This just added insult to injury.

Not that Jerry Manuel will ever do anything about it :rolleyes:

every close call has gone against the sox..and alot that wernt even that close..like tonight's at 2nd..jose makes a great play on a rocket hit by olerud..gets the force at 2nd..replay shows the runner was out by a good FOOT..a good 12 inches....ump calls him safe...

this kind of stuff didnt start happening until after the attack...im not one thats big on this conspircy theory stuff but man its gotta make you wonder...when is the last time a close play went our way???

I may be confused onw hich play everyone is talking about - the play in the 4th, batting Olerud, and Boone on 1st? I thought people were complaining about the call in the 2nd -

we were so out of the game at that point -

the call before that was the gift K of Cameron so they didn't all go against us last night -

I may be confused onw hich play everyone is talking about - the play in the 4th, batting Olerud, and Boone on 1st? I thought people were complaining about the call in the 2nd -

the call before that was the gift K of Cameron so they didn't all go against us last night -

The bottom line is that we were already down 6-1. After the call, White walks the next hitter and then gives up a couple of hits and we are down 10-1. The call didn't beat us.

in the 8th(?) jimenez ended up being called safe at 1st on an infield hit where he was clearly out...again another play that wasnt even that close...maybe its not the laz diaz thing...but the umpiring has been bad this year...ive seen bad calls before...but these are ones that are so obvious and happening so frequently....these are not bang-bang plays the umps are missing

Although I agree it seems nothing has gone are way, we haven't played good enough to win and personally, I think all bad calls get made up for with lucky calls in the end. hopefully we can get some of them tonight.

Since that happened SOX have got the MEAT from umpires NOW 5 times and counting.

Actually....it's more like 15-20+ close (and important ones at that, I didn't count when the game was out of reach for either side) calls. Anything from biased, er, inconsistent strikes calling from batte to batter, inning to inning (if I have to see Jimenez or Valentin or Magglio rung up on another "strike" 3-4 inches off the corner I am gonna lose it)...to blatant "out by a foot you say? Not the way I saw it" shameless robberies. That Crede homer alone cost us a game, it would have been 3-3 and Sox usually come back when they aren't behind, lol.

Lucky bounces Molto mentioned don't count because Sox have no "magical wizard" who can make sure we get a bigger share of them and also because umps don't have a bearing on luck. Besideas, we maybe out of contention by then.

I am no conspiracy theorist either, but the next day after the attack the difference of our treatment was strartling. And since we are easily of the most disrespected/inconsequential teams in the majors and since we are so overrated offensively and BP-wise, so inadequate defensively with a subpar manager, all those close calls going the other way are highlighted even more, costing us literally, games.

I dunno, I guess if we were 23-7 like we should have been by now I probably wouldn't care but.......

I wonder if the league office is getting tapes of these calls. Some of this stuff has just blantantly rediculous. The call on Saturday ended up costing us 4 runs, not that it mattered in the scheme of the game, but still. Is there any team that has these kind of plays blow up in their faces the way that we do?