The calm before the storm?

VAfan

QUOTE(forrestg @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 09:39 AM)
here's one the yankees want ElDuque and the yankees have 2 first basemen Martinez and Giambi both playing well.

martinez = old

giambi = WAYYYYYYYyy overpriced. worse than konerko with twice the contract for way longer

:puke your idea

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the sox will get Burnett. Florida needs bullpen help and they need it badly. They would be stupid not to take the Sox Offer. If the Sox do get Lowell i think the Sox should spin Lowell off to another team for some prospects or bullpen help. Do you think the Sox should keep Lowell or not if they get him. He is another right handed masher and they have enough of those already. If they are going to get a power hitter i would want him to swing from the left side.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 11:54 AM)
I think the sox will get Burnett.  Florida needs bullpen help and they need it badly.  They would be stupid not to take the Sox Offer.  If the Sox do get Lowell i think the Sox should spin Lowell off to another team for some prospects or bullpen help.  Do you think the Sox should keep Lowell or not if they get him.  He is another right handed masher and they have enough of those already.  If they are going to get a power hitter i would want him to swing from the left side.

Hopefully they could spin him to a team that needs help at 3B or in their lineup for some valued bullpen help...

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 03:34 PM)
Yeah, fathom's definitely right on this one.  Robinson had that thing wrapped up about a month ago.  Bochy would've even had a good shot at coming in second a while ago.

I really don't believe so. The Braves were 11 games over .500 and only 2.5 games behind Washington a month ago today. The Braves were playing well with rookies at 3B, 1B, and both corner OF positions. They were playing with an injured Furcal and Chipper Jones, Hudson and Hampton were all on the DL. Their bullpen was and still is in shatters. Yet, they are 11 games over .500 and 2.5 games behind Washington.

Everyone was waiting for things to catch up with Washington because they were scoring less runs than they were giving up. I don't see how you people think Robinson would have it wrapped up and would have ran away with it just because he was only 2.5 games up and was a "surprise" to everyone. Everything was lucky for them and I do believe everyone saw it that way. Maybe not you guys, but everyone else did.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 03:54 PM)
I think the sox will get Burnett.  Florida needs bullpen help and they need it badly.  They would be stupid not to take the Sox Offer.  If the Sox do get Lowell i think the Sox should spin Lowell off to another team for some prospects or bullpen help.  Do you think the Sox should keep Lowell or not if they get him.  He is another right handed masher and they have enough of those already.  If they are going to get a power hitter i would want him to swing from the left side.

I think they won't get Burnett, but they will get Jason Schmidt and Omar Vizquel. I also think they will get Aubrey Huff.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 10:06 AM)
I think they won't get Burnett, but they will get Jason Schmidt and Omar Vizquel. I also think they will get Aubrey Huff.

At this point another arm and a bat would be welcome my fellow Mick. Hopefully we do something. This team needs a shot in the arm.

That would cost a s*** load. I would highly, highly doubt the sox acquire all 3.

i would wet myself...multiple times...schmidt as #4 omar in there instead of uribe = no willie, huff as a big lefthanded bat to DH/fill in...oh that would be nice....

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 11:04 AM)
I really don't believe so. The Braves were 11 games over .500 and only 2.5 games behind Washington a month ago today.  The Braves were playing well with rookies at 3B, 1B, and both corner OF positions. They were playing with an injured Furcal and Chipper Jones, Hudson and Hampton were all on the DL. Their bullpen was and still is in shatters. Yet, they are 11 games over .500 and 2.5 games behind Washington.

Everyone was waiting for things to catch up with Washington because they were scoring less runs than they were giving up. I don't see how you people think Robinson would have it wrapped up and would have ran away with it just because he was only 2.5 games up and was a "surprise" to everyone. Everything was lucky for them and I do believe everyone saw it that way. Maybe not you guys, but everyone else did.

If you say so, chief. :D

Honestly, I don't see anything happen between now and the deadline. I wish Oakland was out of it so we could inquire about Zito, but that ain't happening.

If there is a deal made, here are my most likely to happen to lease likely:

Huff & Baez

Burnett & Lowell

Overbay

Schmidt

Schmidt & Vizquel(I just don't get where people get the idea that SF is going to want to downgrade at SP and SS, especially when they have publicly said they are going to want to contend next year when Barry is back)

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 10:38 AM)
Honestly, I don't see anything happen between now and the deadline. I wish Oakland was out of it so we could inquire about Zito, but that ain't happening.

Huff & Baez

Burnett & Lowell

Overbay

Schmidt

Schmidt & Vizquel(I just don't get where people get the idea that SF is going to want to downgrade at SP and SS, especially when they have publicly said they are going to want to contend next year when Barry is back)

burnett and lowell

burnett

huff

huff and Baez

schmidt

schmidt and vizquel

overbay

Time has become a serious factor more than anything right now. With roughly 3 days left, KW really needs to focus on a select 1 or 2 players adn work extremely hard to aquire them. Splitting up his attention, IMO, would not be the right thing to do unless of course you make the select few teams more anxious/nervous to deal before time escapes them.

QUOTE(Tadahito15 @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 10:50 AM)
Time has become a serious factor more than anything right now. With roughly 3 days left, KW really needs to focus on a select 1 or 2 players adn work extremely hard to aquire them. Splitting up his attention, IMO, would not be the right thing to do unless of course you make the select few teams more anxious/nervous to deal before time escapes them.

yeah but you dont know how much attention he has paid to each deal already. both deals might nearly be done right now adn you wouldnt know. its not like KW is starting fresh on a deal beginning today

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 10:52 AM)
martinez = old

giambi = WAYYYYYYYyy overpriced. worse than konerko with twice the contract for way longer

:puke  your idea

how about steinbrenner wanting to unload Giambi trading Giambi to us and the sox us trading Giambi to a team that could afford him and who are desperate for some power to the LA dodgers for Odalis Perez and Choi

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 12:54 PM)
yeah but you dont know how much attention he has paid to each deal already. both deals might nearly be done right now adn you wouldnt know. its not like KW is starting fresh on a deal beginning today

Yeah these deals have been talked about for a while and some have been discussed numerous times. I dont know....it's just too silent right now?

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 10:56 AM)
Yeah these deals have been talked about for a while and some have been discussed numerous times. I dont know....it's just too silent right now?

The silence is VERY eerie and unusual. Something just seems a little, fishy if you will. 3 days left and counting...

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 04:38 PM)

Huff & Baez

Burnett & Lowell

Overbay

Schmidt

IF Barry is back. There have been rumors that Barry Bonds will not be able to play the field and SF will have to deal him to an American League team where he will be able to DH.

QUOTE(forrestg @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 11:55 AM)
how about steinbrenner wanting to unload Giambi trading Giambi to us and the sox us trading Giambi to a team that could afford him and who are desperate for some power to the LA dodgers for Odalis Perez and Choi

I know you're just throwing names out there, but :puke

QUOTE(Tadahito15 @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 04:50 PM)

Oh, he is doing this all himself? I didn't know that is how our organization worked. If that is true then this organization sucks. I am sure he has help with all of this. I don't think it is hard for him to look into a couple trades at the same time.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 11:01 AM)
Oh, he is doing this all himself? I didn't know that is how our organization worked. If that is true then this organization sucks. I am sure he has help with all of this. I don't think it is hard for him to look into a couple trades at the same time.

You make a good point, but I am just saying that by 7/28 he should have narrowed the list a little bit by now.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 12:59 PM)
IF Barry is back. There have been rumors that Barry Bonds will not be able to play the field and SF will have to deal him to an American League team where he will be able to DH.

No one will take him. He is stuck in LF of SBC Park...