The calm before the storm?

VAfan

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is teh most worthless arguement except now im getting excited because SSI is gonna start talking to soxfan1 about how he looks like hes 7 years old in that picture in his sig.......this is gonna be good cuz ive always wondered how old soxfan1 is since that pic is everywhere

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 01:49 PM)
this is teh most worthless arguement except now im getting excited because SSI is gonna start talking to soxfan1 about how he looks like hes 7 years old in that picture in his sig.......this is gonna be good cuz ive always wondered how old soxfan1 is since that pic is everywhere

I think he's 14. Pretty smart baseball wise for a 14 year old.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 03:47 PM)
Kid how old are you?

I am sure he will if it is at his head. Most pitchers will not throw at a guys head. Who is going to throw it at the players legs? Risk a wild pitch? That doesnt make sense. Since he has used that elbow pad I have not seen him move. That is correct.

Read what is in bold again. In bold it states that BIGGIO tries to hit himself. BONDS does not intentionally try to get hit. BIGGIO actually will stick his arm or elbow into a pitch. Have you never seen this done? BONDS does not do that. Why does he have to INTENTIONALLY try to get hit by the pitch in order to never get out of the way of a pitch? Your argument is ridiculous.

Im sick of this age bulls***. It doesn't f***ing matter how old I am. I am still a fan and I still think your argument is dumb. I never said Biggio doesnt try to get hit on purpose. He is a leadoff hitter and a scrappy player who just wants to get on base. By saying Bonds never moves from a pitch heading right towards him, you are inferring that he wants to get hit on purpose. 9 HBP a year is not a lot. Yet, my argument is ridiculous. :rolly

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 07:44 PM)
Wow. Do you not watch baseball. Someone can actually turn into a pitch on accident and get plunked. Did you see how Jenks popped that Ambres guy in te chin yesterday??? Or how about a late reaction. Look at Hafner when he got popped by Buehrle.

2nd, how can you claim he started the argument when at 1st, you challenged me by saying that the juice is not why he is good, instead, it is the "armor."???

Kid, did you read what he wrote? He said that he got hit by the pitch THEN proceeded to move out of the way of the pitch. I have never seen a player get hit by the pitch AND THEN try to get out of the way of the pitch after it already hit him. CAN YOU READ?

The armor helped make him a better HITTER. Read my comments kid, it never once included JUST home runs. Are you reading any of my posts?

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 01:51 PM)
Kid, did you read what he wrote? He said that he got hit by the pitch THEN proceeded to move out of the way of the pitch. I have never seen a player get hit by the pitch AND THEN try to get out of the way of the pitch after it already hit him. CAN YOU READ?

The armor helped make him a better HITTER. Read my comments kid, it never once included JUST home runs. Are you reading any of my posts?

Okay, let me take you through the steps.

Bonds gets hit

Gets on base

Next time up, he is noticeably farther off the plate than his last at bat.

¿Comprende?

This thread digressed from trade talk to how great Barry is :D

As long as he can play in the field the Giants will NEVER trade Barry. He is their meal-ticket. They'll never give that up until they absolutely have to.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings

I disagree with your assessment of the Giants. NO ONE is playing good ball in that division right now. Being 7.5 gb when the leader is 2-8 in their last 10 doesn't seem like a big deal. You just need to start winning games.

The same can be said of all the teams in the NLE.

In the AL only TAM, KCR, & SEA are out of contention.

In the NL only PIT, CIN, & COL are out of contention.

Only 6 teams are sellers right now & the price they've set is insane.

We can expect the price to come down as the deadline looms. But it

would be foolish to think the contenders will suddenly become sellers.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 01:48 PM)
Sure, let's talk about the non-existant trades going down as we speak.

yeah that or we could have a conversation that originated with someone speculating about a nonexistent trade for barry bonds, when bonds for sure isnt on teh market and for sure wotn even play this year....besides talk about nonexistent trades that coudl be going down is why teh inside beat was created, not to hear some 15 year old kid and some other people duke it out about why barry bonds hit homers

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 02:53 PM)
Another thread down the toilet.  Thanks guys.

I don't see what's wrong with having an argument about how good a player is? That is, unless you're referring to the name-calling. I understand that part.

There's no trades or new trade rumors/talks, so this is something to occupy the time.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 07:45 PM)
He would move after he got hit cas the pitcher brushed him off by hitting him. That's what happens in baseball. Why would he move back off the plate if he hasn't gotten hit? Um, duh!

And I still don't see how it makes him a better hitter. All I see is that it makes it hurt less when he is hit. Maybe the fact that when he gets hit on the elbow, it doesn't hurt as much therefore retaining more power for his next at bat.  :huh

So the pitcher brushed him off or did he hit him? Those are two seperate things. If he was hit by the pitch why did he try to get out of the way of the pitch AFTER he was hit by hit?

I think I already explained how it allows him to be more selective and take away part of the plate. You bring up Mark Prior. That is one pitcher in all of MLB that has actually challenged Bonds with it.

You can see it anyway you like. I have no reason to argue and in fact it is quite tiring.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 01:53 PM)
yeah that or we could have a conversation that originated with someone speculating about a  nonexistent trade for barry bonds, when bonds for sure isnt on teh market and for sure wotn even play this year....besides talk about nonexistent trades that coudl be going down is why teh inside beat was created, not to hear some 15 year old kid and some other people duke it out about why barry bonds hit homers

But it is a potential trade. Don't you know that Bonds will be on the market next year because he can't play the field anymore, therefore making him available to the White Sox for Timo Perez and maybe Willie Harris. Of course, if we throw in Harris, you know they're throwing in Vizquel and Schmidt.

Edited by nitetrain8601

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 01:55 PM)
So the pitcher brushed him off or did he hit him? Those are two seperate things. If he was hit by the pitch why did he try to get out of the way of the pitch AFTER he was hit by hit?

I think I already explained how it allows him to be more selective and take away part of the plate. You bring up Mark Prior. That is one pitcher in all of MLB that has actually challenged Bonds with it.

You can see it anyway you like. I have no reason to argue and in fact it is quite tiring.

Yeah, I forgot. Prior is the only brave man to ever dare challenge Barry Bonds.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 07:53 PM)
Okay, let me take you through the steps.

Bonds gets hit

Gets on base

Next time up, he is noticeably farther off the plate than his last at bat.

¿Comprende?

Oh is that what you meant to say? You should have said that in the beginning. I didn't see the game so I can't say. I don't watch the scrubs. I will take your word on it. However, that is one pitcher in all of MLB that has challenged Bonds in that way. ONE.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 07:51 PM)
Im sick of this age bulls***. It doesn't f***ing matter how old I am. I am still a fan and I still think your argument is dumb. I never said Biggio doesnt try to get hit on purpose. He is a leadoff hitter and a scrappy player who just wants to get on base. By saying Bonds never moves from a pitch heading right towards him, you are inferring that he wants to get hit on purpose. 9 HBP a year is not a lot. Yet, my argument is ridiculous. :rolly

No I am in no way inferring that. Your argument is ridiculous, but that is ok with me kid.

These rumors come out of BOS that CLE is going to become a seller & offer Wickman & Howry. That makes no sense! They are just 2.5 gb Minny in the WC race & playing as good as Minny right now. Minny is clearly a buyer so how does CLE justify selling to their fans?

The most likely contenders in the AL turning sellers are TEX & BAL. DET is playing better ball than both of them so I don't see them selling.

In the NL the most likely contenders to turn sellers are WAS & PHI. MIL is playing better than both of them so I don't see them selling.

Wagner is easily the most coveted talent of the 4 teams so all eyes are on PHI.

Of course the bottom 6 are charging insane prices trying to create an expensive trade market. That's having a dominoe effect on the 4 above. You have to believe that price is going to drop quickly as the clock continues to click towards the clearance hour.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 03:06 PM)
These rumors come out of BOS that CLE is going to become a seller & offer Wickman & Howry.  That makes no sense!  They are just 2.5 gb Minny in the WC race & playing as good as Minny right now.  Minny is clearly a buyer so how does CLE justify selling to their fans?

The most likely contenders in the AL turning sellers are TEX & BAL.  DET is playing better ball than both of them so I don't see them selling.

In the NL the most likely contenders to turn sellers are WAS & PHI.  MIL is playing better than both of them so I don't see them selling.

Wagner is easily the most coveted talent of the 4 teams so all eyes are on PHI. 

Of course the bottom 6 are charging insane prices trying to create an expensive trade market.  That's having a dominoe effect on the 4 above.  You have to believe that price is going to drop quickly as the clock continues to click towards the clearance hour.

1.) I'll be pissed if Wickman goes to Boston.

2.) I don't think Washington will sell, they did too much the first half to justify at least trying to buy.

3.) I also doubt Philadelphia will sell. They might look for a trade to help them now, while getting rid of a key piece (Wagner for Burnett), but that's it.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 01:13 PM)
That is not entirely true. HGH is not left out of the MLB policy. It is an actual banned substance by MLB. The problem is that they don't have a test for it. So it really doesn't matter if it is banned or not if they don't test for it. But it is a banned substance by MLB.

there is a test for it. It's esay to find. Just take a blood sample and test for the levels of growth hormone. The problem is professional sports unions have kept the drug testing to urine samples only. It doesn't matter if it is banned in the policy, if they don't test for it, you won't catch them.