Yanks KW called about Duque??

LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 07:51 AM)
Sorry if this is elsewhere. A few interesting ones in here, FWIW.

http://www.nj.com/mets/ledger/index.ssf?/b...7070.xml&coll=1

Yeah, we've been over this, but just don't see anything happening.

Kenny isn't going to give up Hernandez--the "prolific" playoff pitcher--for nothing.

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 08:06 AM)
I dont want to give the Yanks anything.  This is good that they have to rely on Leiter and they are thinking about getting Shawn Chacon.

f*** that, everyone is gonna laugh at me but i dont care, i think shawn chacon is a good pitcher. i mean he aint the unit, but hes better than al leiter

Id only wait until the last minute to trade with them until they are totally desperate so we can steal a player from them. Otherwise I dont want to help them. I do not want these guys in the playoffs cause they got so much experience and they know how to persevere in the pressure tight situations in the playoffs. Basically i dont want to help their chances of making it in to the post season. You can call me nuts cause of the way they have played this year and their pathetic pitching somebody wouldnt mind facing them, but JMO.

Edited by Ozzie Montana

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 09:26 AM)
f*** that, everyone is gonna laugh at me but i dont care, i think shawn chacon is a good pitcher. i mean he aint the unit, but hes better than al leiter

Didn't Leiter throw well yesterday. A ton of pitches, but few runs, no?

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 09:36 AM)
Id only wait until the last minute to trade with them until they are totally desperate so we can steal a player from them.  Otherwise I dont want to help them.  I do not want these guys in the playoffs cause they got so much experience and they know how to persevere in the pressure tight situations in the playoffs.  Basically i dont want to help their chances of making it in to the post season.  You can call me nuts cause of the way they have played this year and their pathetic pitching somebody wouldnt mind facing them,  but JMO.

I want them in the playoffs about as much as you do. But losing a series after being up 3-0 is not the greatest in pressure situations. But across the board, they do have a wealth of postseason experience, good and bad.

Let it also be known that I still want to keep Brandon around. He could be a very nice 5th starter for the club next year as he develops into a middle of the rotation to front of the rotation starter.

I'm liking the idea of Burnett, but I still have my doubts as to whether I'd be willing to part with Bmac. I just don't know how much better the club is with him. I would feel a lot more comfortable if Burnett was here for the next few years.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 10:42 AM)
If they gave us Gordon and the Sox picked up Burnett or another starter (similar to him) without giving up Contreras.  I'd make the deal in a heartbeat.

Shouldn't we get a little more than just Gordan?

I realize he's damn good, but he's a reliever. I could understand a starter for a closer, such as Burnett for Wagner, but not just a reliever for a starter.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 12:21 PM)

I realize he's damn good, but he's a reliever.  I could understand a starter for a closer, such as Burnett for Wagner, but not just a reliever for a starter.

Who else would they give us???? They have no minor league system. No way they give up Cano and IIRC Wang is hurt....

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 10:21 AM)

I realize he's damn good, but he's a reliever.  I could understand a starter for a closer, such as Burnett for Wagner, but not just a reliever for a starter.

If we could get another starter in a different deal, the Duke for Flash would be a steal.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 11:25 AM)
If we could get another starter in a different deal, the Duke for Flash would be a steal.

With the Yankees being so desperate for pitching, I think we could get a little more. I don't know exactly what that is, but we could get more and probably should to hurt their chances a little.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 11:47 AM)
With the Yankees being so desperate for pitching, I think we could get a little more.  I don't know exactly what that is, but we could get more and probably should to hurt their chances a little.

I thought Gordon was supposed to be DLed soon because of shoulder problems? It seems odd that the Sox would want him if he is known to have been overworked last year, and having shoulder problems this year. Sounds like the New York media throwing s*** out there and seeing what could be done.