This quote bugged me

southsider2k5

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 04:09 PM)
Gload is better than Paulie defensively, quit being so knee-jerk.

I will raise my hand and one play changes nothing.

HAHAHAHAHAA and is this purely speculation or what......I don't see how you can even say that, I want to hear a reason why Gload is better defensivly....PK has made some outstanding plays this year and I might add has not lost a game because of an error....and what do you think makes PK so bad at defensive, because he is slow???? it just makes me laugh when you people say Gload is so much better then PK at everything.....he has not been battle tested and he hit .321 in like 100 ABs last year......thats the only thing you people are going on

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 12:26 PM)
HAHAHAHAHAA and is this purely speculation or what......I don't see how you can even say that, I want to hear a reason why Gload is better defensivly....PK has made some outstanding plays this year and I might add has not lost a game because of an error....and what do you think makes PK so bad at defensive, because he is slow????  it just makes me laugh when you people say Gload is so much better then PK at everything.....he has not been battle tested and he hit .321 in like 100 ABs last year......thats the only thing you people are going on

All the power to you. You can take the 13325 pop ups and the meaningless solo home runs. He mad 1 mistake in 1 game and it cost us. Get off the guys back....

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 10:26 AM)
HAHAHAHAHAA and is this purely speculation or what......I don't see how you can even say that, I want to hear a reason why Gload is better defensivly....PK has made some outstanding plays this year and I might add has not lost a game because of an error....and what do you think makes PK so bad at defensive, because he is slow????  it just makes me laugh when you people say Gload is so much better then PK at everything.....he has not been battle tested and he hit .321 in like 100 ABs last year......thats the only thing you people are going on

Honestly, defensively it's not even close between Ross and Pauly. Ross has an infinite amount more range then Pauly, the end.

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 11:26 AM)

First of all - I'm not saying Gload>PK offensively.

Second of all - how would you rate Konerkos defense?

Ross' Range>>>>Paulie's Range

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 10:35 AM)
We'll see who wins when your praising my ass in your sig Sunday afternoon.

I knew you were going to come back with that, I'm not worried, I have that one in the bag. This will be the third time you lose to me in a bet. It's becoming way to easy. :D

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 09:34 AM)
Kinda hard for a guy with average range to make a lot of errors at 1B.

He ranks 15th in the big leagues in attempts as a 1b, which is fairly low for a person who's played as many games as he has.

Gload 04 1.000F% 9.56RF .815ZR. Gload Car .997F% 9.31RF .821ZR

Kong 05 .997F% 9.88RF .859ZR. Kong Car .995F% 9.44RF .827ZR.

I give the nod to Kong career wise & a big nod to Kong in 2005.

Koney is #3 in AL in F%, #5 in RF, #7 in ZR, #1 in DP (88).

The only weakness Koney has shown this year is hitting LHers but he's hitting MUCH better overall in Jul .318/.799. He is sure to get a $50M/4 yr deal for 2006.

Gload should only play when the pitching matchup goes against Konerko. There wasn't much to go on for yesterday but Koney was .133/.310OPS vs KC's SP. If I were the manager I would have gone with his hot streak in Jul over the numbers to try & win the series.

Edited by JUGGERNAUT

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 01:01 PM)
Gload 04 1.000F% 9.56RF .815ZR.  Gload Car .997F% 9.31RF .821ZR

Kong  05 .997F% 9.88RF .859ZR.  Kong  Car .995F%  9.44RF  .827ZR. 

Koney is #3 in AL in F%, #5 in RF, #7 in ZR, #1 in DP (88). 

The only weakness Koney has shown this year is hitting LHers but he's hitting MUCH better overall in Jul  .318/.799. So Gload should ONLY play when the WSox are facing a good LHer pitcher. 

He is sure to get a $50M/4 yr deal for 2006.

Hopefully not with the White Sox....

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 05:01 PM)

Gload should only play when the pitching matchup goes against Konerko.

:notworthy

Gload = Off the bench.....not a starter

I also don't trust him being the starter on this team next year, not saying we should resign PK, but I believe Overbay is a FA after this year and since MIL will probably put fielder at 1st next year he could be an option. I can see Overbay getting the same type of contract that PK will get.

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 11:10 AM)
:notworthy

Gload = Off the bench.....not a starter

I also don't trust him being the starter on this team next year, not saying we should resign PK, but I believe Overbay is a FA after this year and since MIL will probably put fielder at 1st next year he could be an option. I can see Overbay getting the same type of contract that PK will get.

Overbay's not a free agent.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 11:32 AM)
Konerko does have the 5th highest fielding percentage in the major leagues this year right now.

That makes Carlos Lee the greatest defensive LF of last year.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 02:47 PM)
You might be misinterpreting what he meant. He meant in the little time I get into a game I managed to f*** up big time.

That's what he meant. Read it and just look at it to see what he says after and in no way he mentions it again

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 11:26 AM)

Defensively, it is the same reason I take Jose Valentin at SS over Royce Clayton.

And Gload hit .321 in 234 ABs...still limited playing time, but it is more then "like 100 ABs"

The fact that the lowest he has hit at any minor league stop is .261 in his first year(and the second lowest is .284) of minor league baseball tells me he can hit. He has hit at every level in the minors, and he has hit in the majors, so what is stopping him from being a good full-time player? That answer is of course simple enough, the fact that he has yet to be named the starter.

If the Oakland Athletics do not pick up Hatteberg's option for next year(or if it has been picked up already, I'm not sure), I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Gload is starting at 1B for them next year.

it doesn't sound like he's complaining about playing time, just stating that you tend to get rusty when you don't play the field as much. even taking ground balls in BP or any other practice time doesn't compare with the real thing.