John Olerud

Jim Fainter

Olerud is definitly solid. I even liked him when he was a blow jay and that says alot.

He made a run at .400 one year. I think it was 1993 or something. He was hitting .400 as late as August I believe.

Definitely a solid career, as Jim said.

he has kinda been buried because he is not a huge home run guy and other first baseman steal the spotlight with 50 home run seasons...but looking at some of his stats , he has had some 50 plus doubles seasons ..a few over 100 rbi seasons..300 career hitter and a hell of a defensive 1st baseman...he is probably the most underrated player in the game now that palmiero is getting recognition because he is approaching 500 homers...

In an idle moment during tonight's game, I looked up Olerud's lifetime stats:  300 career average, 1963 hits coming into tonight.  Pretty solid career.

Its funny you brought Olerud up tonight. While watching the game tonight, I was thinking that I would trade Olerud for Frank in a heartbeat, until I realized that Olerud makes $2.7 mil more than Big Frank.

If money were not an issue, the Sox could use a guy like Olerud in a BIG way. He would save so many errors for the infielders that our infield D would improve immensely.

Its funny you brought Olerud up tonight.  While watching the game tonight, I was thinking that I would trade Olerud for Frank in a heartbeat, until I realized that Olerud makes $2.7 mil more than Big Frank.

If money were not an issue, the Sox could use a guy like Olerud in a BIG way.  He would save so many errors for the infielders that our infield D would improve immensely.

plus he is known as a great clutch hitter...and a lefty

As I recall, they loved him in both Toronto and New York.  His defense is right up there with Snow and Helton.

But you know very well that, if he were to come here, he would turn into the worst player in the league, with all of KW's luckless moves that have happened.