Back To Business Game Thread 7-29-05

aboz56

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 09:15 PM)
By a lot?  I disagree with you on that.  Anyways, Crede hasn't shown much improvement during his MLB career so far.  Also, Boras is his agent.  Thus, it wouldn't shock me to see Crede gone after this season or next season.

what is so bad about a .253 average from the #8 spot. As far as Boras he doesn't have as much leverage as you think for an arbitration case. Gagne lost his arbitration case after he tied Smoltz record for saves in the NL and boras is his agent.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 02:18 AM)
what is so bad about a .253 average from the #8 spot.  As far as Boras he doesn't have as much leverage as you think for an arbitration case.  Gagne lost his arbitration case after he tied Smoltz record for saves in the NL and boras is his agent.

It's no secret Boras and JR hate each other. And those numbers from the 8 spot aren't that bad....but doesn't there become a point in a player's career where you want to see him make improvement? Why sign him long-term if they feel Fields can play there in 2007 or 2008?

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 07:23 PM)
Did Julio just get pulled from the game?  Think he was dealt?

Yep, to the Marlins for Burnett.................Just kidding :P

Edited by CYGarland

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 08:30 PM)
Thanks for verifying!  I had a glass of wine and my attention and hear all of a sudden suck because I swear Hawk said something about El Duke getting traded lol.

Sure you had just one glass?? :cheers

The three-team deal between the Red Sox, Mets and Devil Rays is currently on life support, a source told ESPN.com.

''I don't know if it's completely dead,'' said an official of one of the three teams. ''But it's hit a roadblock … unless someone has some other thoughts.'' According to the official, the Red Sox asked for more from the Mets to complete the deal, which would have sent Manny Ramirez and Danys Baez to New York, Aubrey Huff and Mike Cameron to Boston and Lastings Milledge, Yusmeiro Petit, Anibal Sanchez and Kelly Shoppach to the Rays. It might have been that they wanted Braden Looper. However, the Mets would want to keep him and use him to close and Baez in a setup role initially. Jul. 29 - 10:17 pm et

Source: ESPN.com

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 09:32 PM)
The three-team deal between the Red Sox, Mets and Devil Rays is currently on life support, a source told ESPN.com.

''I don't know if it's completely dead,'' said an official of one of the three teams. ''But it's hit a roadblock … unless someone has some other thoughts.'' According to the official, the Red Sox asked for more from the Mets to complete the deal, which would have sent Manny Ramirez and Danys Baez to New York, Aubrey Huff and Mike Cameron to Boston and Lastings Milledge, Yusmeiro Petit, Anibal Sanchez and Kelly Shoppach to the Rays. It might have been that they wanted Braden Looper. However, the Mets would want to keep him and use him to close and Baez in a setup role initially. Jul. 29 - 10:17 pm et

hopefully KW is on the phone with the Devil Rays for Huff.

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 08:32 PM)

Yeah, that makes some sense... the Red Sox are asking for A LOT!! and I don't blame them. So basically they want Huff/Cameron/Looper. That's a huge ML package, I think any contender who Manny could help this year would have a hard time giving that up. IE Cubs would be Burnitz/another ML/Dempster (I know Cubs aren't looking to move Dempster, but if Red Sox want a relief pitcher, he's the only one Cubs would have.

Dodgers would be like Bradley/Brazoban/Werth (probably a better player than Werth though) for either team that's a lot to give up if you're pushing for a playoff spot

According to ESPNews, Torii Hunter has a torn tendon in his ankle that will keep him out four to six weeks.

Quite a loss for the Twins. They now have to trade for some offense. Lew Ford just isn't playing like a starting outfielder this season

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 08:37 PM)
We have no f***ing chance of stopping Tejada.  He's the new Mike Sweeney.  Just walk him every time.

For my money Tejada is the best player in baseball, well him or A-Rod...

I'm sure this was posted earlier, but Goddamn, Sosa is so f'n small now!! I guess he ran out of Flinstone vitamins

Edited by SoxFan562004