Back To Business Game Thread 7-29-05

aboz56

I like getting people's hopes up:

From rotoworld.com:

Manny Ramirez - OF - BOS

The Providence Journal's Sean McAdam says there are five teams involved in talks with the Red Sox regarding Manny Ramirez and that the three-team trade with the Mets and Rays is the least likely scenario right now.

McAdam said two other NL clubs and two AL clubs, one the White Sox, are looking at Ramirez.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 07:57 PM)
Good job Duke, now let's score a couple more, and let the BP hold it down :D BTW, per rotoworld the White Sox have looked into acquiring ManRam?? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....

Knowing KW, that call was made, but I see the Red Sox trading him to the NL only

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 07:58 PM)

From rotoworld.com:

Manny Ramirez - OF - BOS

The Providence Journal's Sean McAdam says there are five teams involved in talks with the Red Sox regarding Manny Ramirez and that the three-team trade with the Mets and Rays is the least likely scenario right now.

McAdam said two other NL clubs and two AL clubs, one the White Sox, are looking at Ramirez.

I see the Dodgers and Cubs being the two NL teams... considering the contract, but I think the Mets will make a huge push for him still... but ultimately I think he stays in Boston, too big of a deal to rush through

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 07:58 PM)

From rotoworld.com:

Manny Ramirez - OF - BOS

It seems the White Sox have been mentioned with just about everyone out on the market right now. Just 2 more days to wait and see what goes down. Ramirez would be a GREAT DH right now, but that contract of his and the situation with Frank this offseason...just doesnt seem likely. Oh, and it doesnt help we are in the AL either

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 08:02 PM)
I predict Manny is on the Cubs by Sunday afternoon.

I think that's a possibility, only problem is the Red Sox seem to want two quality major leage ready outfielders or one OF and pitcher. I don't think Gerut or Burnitz will get it done, and I don't think the Red Sox would want Maddux

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 07:02 PM)
I predict Manny is on the Cubs by Sunday afternoon.

Your joking Right?? ManRam is owed about 20 mil for the next 3 years, highly unlikely the Trib would take on that salary unless they move Aramis or Wood.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 02:03 AM)
Steve Stone was on PTI mentioning a package that included Aramis Ramirez, Patterson, Mitre and a couple of minor leagers for Manny and Mueller.

They won't give up Aramis. Hendry will find a way to make the other team sell low, I'm sure.