Back To Business Game Thread 7-29-05

aboz56

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 08:03 PM)
Steve Stone was on PTI mentioning a package that included Aramis Ramirez, Patterson, Mitre and a couple of minor leagers for Manny and Mueller.

wow, I think if Cubs get Manny they would want to keep Aramis... you want the Lee/Ramirez/Ramirez threat... if the Cubs aren't going to get bullpen help they need to outslug people

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 02:04 AM)
Your joking Right?? ManRam is owed about 20 mil for the next 3 years, highly unlikely the Trib would take on that salary unless they move Aramis or Wood.

I could totally see the Cubs spending that money on Manny.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 08:04 PM)
They won't give up Aramis.  Hendry will find a way to make the other team sell low, I'm sure.

IF the cubs were able to fleece the red sox for ramirez, they would have a very scary middle of the lineup in dlee, aram, and manny

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 10:03 PM)
Steve Stone was on PTI mentioning a package that included Aramis Ramirez, Patterson, Mitre and a couple of minor leagers for Manny and Mueller.

Didn't they get Ramirez because they weren't happy with Mueller's offense?

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 02:03 AM)
I think that's a possibility, only problem is the Red Sox seem to want two quality major leage ready outfielders or one OF and pitcher.  I don't think Gerut or Burnitz will get it done, and I don't think the Red Sox would want Maddux

Hill, Patterson, Ryan Harvey, and another prospect for Manny.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 09:03 PM)

lol! Than the cubs would be robbed. Yeah trade Ramirez for Mueller and Manny Ramirez. Wow! What the cubs need is a leadoff man and no jerry hairston isn't a Major League Leadoff man. He is a utility player. Wow! Here is a suggestion to the Cubs, A. Ramirez can really hit and while isn't good defensively he is having a better year than Manny. Manny can't even play defense.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 08:04 PM)
They won't give up Aramis.  Hendry will find a way to make the other team sell low, I'm sure.

Yeah, this isn't Pittsburg though, there's no way Epstein will get away with trading Manny without getting serious major league help right now. This isn't Nomar from last year. Manny is a whole different animal.

Not that I don't think the Cubs may pull it off, but it's going to cost a lot, and I think the lack of an impact OFer to trade might cost them.

The Providence Journal's Sean McAdam says there are five teams involved in talks with the Red Sox regarding Manny Ramirez and that the three-team trade with the Mets and Rays is the least likely scenario right now.

McAdam said two other NL clubs and two AL clubs, one the White Sox, are looking at Ramirez. We're guessing the Cubs and maybe the Dodgers are the NL clubs. The Angels would make sense as the other AL team.

QUOTE(knightni @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 02:05 AM)
Didn't they get Ramirez because they weren't happy with Mueller's offense?

Mueller was gone the year they got Ramirez. Was that Kevin Orie's year at 3B?

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 08:05 PM)
wow, I think if Cubs get Manny they would want to keep Aramis... you want the Lee/Ramirez/Ramirez threat... if the Cubs aren't going to get bullpen help they need to outslug people

Aramis makes $10 million a year, the Cubs would need to move some salary. Stone was explaining it, I wasn't paying full attention. The Cubs really like Mueller I guess.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 08:06 PM)
lol!  Than the cubs would be robbed.  Yeah trade Ramirez for Mueller and Manny Ramirez.  Wow!  What the cubs need is a leadoff man and no jerry hairston isn't a Major League Leadoff man.  He is a utility player.  Wow!  Here is a suggestion to the Cubs, A. Ramirez can really hit and while isn't good defensively he is having a better year than Manny.  Manny can't even play defense.

They would get Mueller to play 3rd. He's pretty good with the glove. Manny would be unbelievable at the Urinal.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 02:07 AM)
Yeah, this isn't Pittsburg though, there's no way Epstein will get away with trading Manny without getting serious major league help right now.  This isn't Nomar from last year.  Manny is a whole different animal. 

Not that I don't think the Cubs may pull it off, but it's going to cost a lot, and I think the lack of an impact OFer to trade might cost them.

I know I'm as guilty of this as anyone, but I don't feel like wasting more of my precious few brain cells discussing possible Cubs trades. If I wanted to hear talk about that, I'd put on the dumbest Cubs fan alive (Mike Murphy).

BTW, what's Ron Santo's favorite restaurant........IHOP!

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 08:08 PM)
The RedSox are going to want someone to replace Manny, and I don't think Patterson will do.

Yeah, that's my feeling too. I think Red Sox will have to get back two above average major leaguers back, that might kind of screw the cubs in this... also I read earlier, I think the ESPN article, that Red Sox are basically saying if you unless you're taking his whole contract, it is going to cost a lot of talent.

I don't blame the Red Sox. They have an insanely good lineup and weak pitching. They need to keep that lineup at a high level, trading Manny and not getting a 1 or 2 pitcher back or legitimate offensive players, it really hurts them.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 08:10 PM)
I know I'm as guilty of this as anyone, but I don't feel like wasting more of my precious few brain cells discussing possible Cubs trades.  If I wanted to hear talk about that, I'd put on the dumbest Cubs fan alive (Mike Murphy). 

BTW, what's Ron Santo's favorite restaurant........IHOP!

LOL, I agree, but I'm looking at it from the Red Sox angle, Manny off that team is a major move for the AL, I think if they don't get value (I don't know if that exists for Manny though), they take a serious step back.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 02:09 AM)
They would get Mueller to play 3rd. He's pretty good with the glove. Manny would be unbelievable at the Urinal.

I'd like the Sox to go after Mueller in the offseason. It'd be nice to have a bat like his batting 7th...

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 02:12 AM)
LOL, I agree, but I'm looking at it from the Red Sox angle, Manny off that team is a major move for the AL, I think if they don't get value (I don't know if that exists for Manny though), they take a serious step back.

They could free up a ton of payroll to re-sign Damon, and get some better starting pitcher. I could see them getting AJB then.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 09:12 PM)
I'd like the Sox to go after Mueller in the offseason.  It'd be nice to have a bat like his batting 7th...

what is everyones problem with Crede? he puts up good numbers for a #8 hitter. plus he is the best defensive 3B in the AL by a lot to.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 02:14 AM)
what is everyones problem with Crede?  he puts up good numbers for a #8 hitter.  plus he is the best defensive 3B in the AL by a lot to.

By a lot? I disagree with you on that. Anyways, Crede hasn't shown much improvement during his MLB career so far. Also, Boras is his agent. Thus, it wouldn't shock me to see Crede gone after this season or next season.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 07:14 PM)
Well, since there's a game on, the Sox just left a runner on 1st and 2nd when they had just 1 out.  At least we got that homer from Everett.

Sox relying on the homer too much lately has me worried a bit