espn sportscenter

hi8is

QUOTE(ceffa2000 @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 04:12 PM)
Moronatti:  If KW doesn't make a move for a hitter now, the White Sox are done.

Let's just say this: Sox needed a bat before the extent of Thomas' injury was known.

You can't just expect our offense to carry itself far into the playoffs as it currently stands.

QUOTE(ceffa2000 @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 05:21 PM)
Oh, I'm still at work.  Lucky guess.  I didn't want people to think I was actually quoting what he said thinking that he might actually make some sense one of these times.  Stupid me.

He will never ever make sense :lolhitting but I agree with him somewhat we need a hitter bad were not done but we need one.

I really dont understand the logic here. I too believe the Sox could use another bat, but this team was chugging along to the tune of baseball's best record without Frank, and it's not like he was tearing the cover off the ball(yes, he did hit for power a bit).

QUOTE(Wong & Owens @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 04:39 PM)
I really dont understand the logic here.  I too believe the Sox could use another bat, but this team was chugging along to the tune of baseball's best record without Frank, and it's not like he was tearing the cover off the ball(yes, he did hit for power a bit).

Yes, but the playoffs. Do you honestly believe with our current lineup that the White Sox have a legit chance to win it all? I don't.

only thing that i didnt like was that he said we are a "weak" team right now.

that we have been "12 - 11" in our last 23 games.

the reason we havent been playing good is that we havent been doing the little things that were winning us games early in the year.

ex: podsedneck has been either thrown out stealing or picked of 4 out of his last 5 attempts.

ex: making errors that have lead to unearned runs

our defence and ability to manufacture runs was key to our early sucess, and those two things have been slumping as of late... we will get back to these fundamental issues and will go on another winning streak soon.

however, yes... we do need to make some trades

one thing i like that farry-ioty said was "KW has been an amazing GM since december and it is not time for him to step up, have JR spend some more cash, and get the other peices that will put them in an even better position to win in the post season"

at least he was giving us some props.