Torii Hunter is Hurt... Looks Bad

JDsDirtySox

While trying to make another amazing catch off the bat of Ortiz, TH got his spike caught in the padding at Fenway and LOOKED to seriously hurt his left ankle/achilles. After a 10 minute delay, he was taken off the field on a cart and looked to be in some serious pain!!!

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 07:00 PM)
hahaha

I havent seen the play yet. I listen to the games on radio (work related reasons)

I dont know if I want to see it

You don't. It was ugly. Lew is going to have to come up big for you guys, and he's been sucking.

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 08:05 PM)
yes he has. I have been saying to anyone who would listen around the office that we should trade lew Ford for Adam Dunn from Cincy. Yeah he strikes out more, but he is an offensive threat that this team needs

Adam Dunn being traded to the Twins would be the worst thing ever.

:o

Per Rotoworld:

X-rays on Torii Hunter's left ankle were negative. The Twins are calling his injury a strained tendon.

He'll fly back to Minnesota tomorrow for an MRI. At the very least, it seems he'll miss the rest of the series against the Red Sox. He could miss considerably more time, depending on what the MRI discovers.

QUOTE(knightni @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 10:10 AM)
Adam Dunn being traded to the Twins would be the worst thing ever.

:o

Kyle Lohse, Scott Baker and Lew Ford, would be a package they'd think about for Adam Dunn. Doubt they'd accept though.

That’s f***ed up. I don’t like the Twins or Torii that much, but I hope the guy recovers quickly. He’s one of the best defensive center fielders and the play that he tried to make, or made, last night shows what he’d do just to get an out.