Jayson Stark

palesox38

What player(s) do the Sox have the best chance of landing?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What player(s) do the Sox have the best chance of landing?

• Burnett/Lowell
    • Griffey
    • Schmidt/Vizquel/Eyre
    • Guardado
    • Wagner
    • Huff/Baez

QUOTE(palesox38 @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 05:36 PM)
Jayson Stark was on Sportscenter a little while ago and said as of now, the Sox are involved in just about every major trade. I wonder what this means...Griffey?Wagner?Huff? I guess we will have to wait and see.

Good, way to be KW...

Jayson Stark was on Sportscenter a little while ago and said as of now, the Sox are involved in just about every major trade. I wonder what this means...Griffey?Wagner?Huff? I guess we will have to wait and see.

Did anyone else see this? Do you mean espnnews? Cause I was just watching sc and Stark wasn't on there.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 05:43 PM)
Did anyone else see this?  Do you mean espnnews?  Cause I was just watching sc and Stark wasn't on there.

Yeah, I don't remember him saying anything about the Sox. Heck, I don't remember seeing him, but that's because I only caught the last 20 minutes of SportsCenter.

BTW, as much as I love Drew Bledsoe(especially now that he's on the Cowboys) I think it's a crock that he beat out John Stockton for best homegrown talent(and I hate Stockton or any former Jazz member).

I've found every time this guy posts something, it's the most retarded thing I've ever read.

Don't mean to be mean, but each one is worse than the last.

Now I look forward for him to start posts because they're good for a laugh.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 06:40 PM)
1 question, why is it that every thread you start is a poll? Do you just like getting a feeling for what people are thinking through the poll and not reading thier responses in the thread?

I like to see what oher people think. I do read the responses though.

QUOTE(Da Sox @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 07:17 PM)
I've found every time this guy posts something, it's the most retarded thing I've ever read.

Don't mean to be mean, but each one is worse than the last.

Now I look forward for him to start posts because they're good for a laugh.

What do you mean? Do you think I make it up or something?

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 07:51 PM)
I think the Huff/Baez deal fills the Sox's needs as of now...with thomas out, they need another bat....and we need a bullpen arm more than a sp...

Too bad those two might be getting dealt to the Mets/BoSox. If we were to get them, we'd have to overpay unless that deal falls through.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 09:01 PM)
Too bad those two might be getting dealt to the Mets/BoSox. If we were to get them, we'd have to overpay unless that deal falls through.

lol....yeah i've just seen the rumor of the Mets/Bosox......I don't like our chances now..... :angry:

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 08:02 PM)
lol....yeah i've just seen the rumor of the Mets/Bosox......I don't like our chances now..... :angry:

If that deal really goes down, the White Sox are screwed. Especially if it's true that the Red Sox will inquire about Ken Griffey if the deal does go down. We'd certainly have to get Wagner, maybe Burnett and Guardado as well.

from rotoworld:

Manny Ramirez - OF - BOS

The Providence Journal's Sean McAdam says there are five teams involved in talks with the Red Sox regarding Manny Ramirez and that the three-team trade with the Mets and Rays is the least likely scenario right now.

McAdam said two other NL clubs and two AL clubs, one the White Sox, are looking at Ramirez. We're guessing the Cubs and maybe the Dodgers are the NL clubs. The Angels would make sense as the other AL team. Jul. 29 - 9:54 pm et

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 08:07 PM)
If that deal really goes down, the White Sox are screwed. Especially if it's true that the Red Sox will inquire about Ken Griffey if the deal does go down. We'd certainly have to get Wagner, maybe Burnett and Guardado as well.

That deal won't happen, to much crap would have to be worked out for that to work.

Huff and Burnett.  They need another bat now and Huff would be perfect (especially because he is lefthanded) and Burnett might put them over the top.

Josh:

CRANK DOWN THAT FREAKIN SIGNATURE.

Your signature is bigger than anyone else's on this site, goddamnit, it slows down scrolling thru the thread. The moving avatar of Jessica Alba is quite enough, then you have the GIANT SIGNATURE AT THE BOTTOM.

Crank it down please. Not everyone here is 16 years old, jesus christ.

I just read Jayson Starks article on ESPN Insider, where he mentions the top 10 names on the trade market. These are the names he mentions and what he says about the Sox.

1. Manny Ramirez-White Sox not mentioned at all.

2. Alfonso Soriano-not mentioned at all.

3. Aubrey Huff-And there were indications Friday, that the team making the biggest charge is the White Sox, who could use Huff as a DH-first baseman to replace Frank Thomas. It goes on to say that we will have to overpay for him, because that is the way the GM for the Devil Rays is. Says other GMs are weary because of his defense and his slide in home runs and OPS in the last 3 years. However, his stock has risen because of July.

4. A.J. Burnett-The White Sox, after deciding Burnett wasn't a good bet to sign a long-term deal with them, have shown no interest in sweeting their offer for him. Goes to say that no other team has shown interest as well and that the 72 hour window to sign him has past, which will scare off teams.

5. Danys Baez-The Mets, White Sox and Red Sox were still in on Baez as of late Friday, but appears that the Devil Rays are seeking the best prospect for him, which scared away the Phillies, Florida and Washington.

6. Bob Wickman-not mentioned at all.

7. Matt Lawton-not mentioned at all.

8. Billy Wagner-Since the White Sox have stopped calling, it appears as if the Red Sox are their last option.

9. Eddie Guardardo-Several teams have picked up the pace, but it now appears that the Mets and the White Sox have backed off somewhat.

10. Randy Winn-no mention of the White Sox.

Out of the top 10: Jose Mesa and J.C. Romero. No mention of Ken Griffey at all.

something big is going to happen...maybe 2 something bigs....i could see KW getting manny and burnett.....mannys contract is simply too big to take on though