Trades

kev211

I dont get it the rangers dont need a hitter they need a pitcher, so they go out and trade a pitcher for a hitter.

The Texas Rangers and San Diego Padres have agreed in principle on a Chan Ho Park for Phil Nevin trade, pending the approval of Commissioner Bud Selig.

Nevin, who nixed a trade to Baltimore last week, does not have the ability to block this deal; the Rangers are not one of the teams included in his limited no-trade clause.

Speculation about a Park trade began shortly before game time on Friday when it was announced that Park had been scratched from his regular start in favor of John Wasdin.

As the Rangers arrived in Toronto, there was no talk about Park having an injury that would prevent him from starting.

Park, who signed a five-year, $65 million contract as a free agent after the 2001 season, was a disappointment in his first three seasons in Texas, compiling a 14-18 record and a 5.65 ERA. During that span, Park was on the disabled list five times.

There had been speculation this spring that the Rangers might eat the final two years on Park's deal if he didn't show signs of improvement. Park did improve early and was the club's Player of the Month for April.

But he has been sporadic in recent weeks, and opponents were hitting .299 against him in 20 starts. Park has an 8-5 record, but only because of outstanding run support. His ERA is up to 5.66.

Edited by ScottPodRulez22

Yeah that's what they're saying on an Orioles board.

Orioles receive: Eric Byrnes

Rockies receive: Larry Bigbie

Though there is an article from Sporting News saying that the trade is off. It looks like this is going through.

Good trade for the Rangers. Didn't improve by acquiring Nevin really, but did improve by getting rid of that horrendous pitcher/contract in Chan Ho. Now they just have to find a suitor for Soriano and get a good starter in return somewhere before the deadline.

Nevin play the outfield?? or DH?? they got Teixeira at first and Blalock at third.

Their weakest position is Nix who plays center....either Hildalgo will move to center or Dellucci will....and Nevin would take a corner outfield or DH spot. And They get good production from their catcher spot too.

I see Teixeira can play outfield too....maybe they move him to outfield and Nevin to first :huh

Edited by TheBlackSox8

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 09:55 AM)
Nevin play the outfield?? or DH??  they got Teixeira at first and Blalock at third.

Their weakest position is Nix who plays center....either Hildalgo will move to center or Dellucci will....and Nevin would take a corner outfield or DH spot.  And They get good production from their catcher spot too.

I see Teixeira can play outfield too....maybe they move him to outfield and Nevin to first :huh

Nix is out for the year. I had forgotten all about that. I guess this trade makes a little more sense now.