Ramirez White Sox?

Pods70Rowand33

*FOR FUTURE REFERENCE*

I am going to post the ENTIRE Manny Ramirez contract + incentives.

Manny Ramirez:

8-year contract worth $160M

2005: $18.067M

2006: $19M

2007: $18M

2008: $20M

2009: $20M - Team Option

2010: $20M - Team Option

+ $3M of his 2001 salary and $4M of his 2002 salary is deferred through 2008

+ $75K bonus for ever All-Star selection

+ $150K for LCS MVP

+ $150K for WS MVP

+ $75K for Silver Slugger

+ $200K for MVP

+ $125K, $100K, $75K and $50K for 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th for MVP voting finish

+ $1M bonus if traded

+ Receives a NO-TRADE clause if any other Red Sox player should receive one

+ Becomes a 10-5 player after the '05 season

Agent: Greg Genske

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(sircaffey @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 12:43 AM)
I'd happily give up a huge package for Manny Ramirez if JR is willing to do it.  There are only a couple players that impact a team more than Manny.

You have no problem giving up Rowand, Politte, and, Everett(for hypothetical purposes only), while taking on that $15+ mill, with those 3's salaries taken out?

No problem with Timo becoming the full-time DH(since I'm sure that's exactly what Ozzie would do, because Timo's a grinder)?

Manny's a hell of a good hitter...probably the best pure hitter in the AL, second best in the majors to Big Al, since we have no idea what Bonds is going to do off the juice. But he is not worth 2 everyday players and the best statistical reliever in the game.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 03:06 AM)
You have no problem giving up Rowand, Politte, and, Everett(for hypothetical purposes only), while taking on that $15+ mill, with those 3's salaries taken out?

No problem with Timo becoming the full-time DH(since I'm sure that's exactly what Ozzie would do, because Timo's a grinder)?

Manny's a hell of a good hitter...probably the best pure hitter in the AL, second best in the majors to Big Al, since we have no idea what Bonds is going to do off the juice.  But he is not worth 2 everyday players and the best statistical reliever in the game.

Well judging by what the rumors are in the proposed three way deal right now, that wouldn't be anything close to the deal that it would take. I don't think Carl would be wanted by either team to tell you the truth. Rowand, Marte, and 2 top spects is more than the proposed Cameron and 2 spects coming from the Mets for Baez and Manny.

Manny offers nothing in terms of being a marquee player. He despises & loathes the media. He's one of the best bats in the league today but that's all you get. A consistent league leading RBI leader that can get it done in the playoffs. You can't milk a $ off his name outside of the game itself.

QUOTE(shoelessinva @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 07:00 AM)
I'd love his bat without his D or attitude.  He's a punk and we better not mess with what appears to be a great clubhouse atmosphere.  One bad apple (or a**hole) could spoil the bunch!

How would anyone know which manny would show up and would Manny want to be traded from any team he was traded to. Best place for Manny is the cubs. they have the money, remember they are sold out every year now the figure they spend on players salaries is nothing compared to what they make . He can't field he'd make things miserable around their small clubhouse. Yes, I would love the cubs to have Manny

The Baseball Tonight crew has learned that Manny Ramirez will not be traded, ESPNews reports.

OK. Ramirez was scratched tonight and the Red Sox still aren't saying why. His hamstring may be giving him problems again, but it's not just that. Jul. 30 - 7:15 pm et

QUOTE(AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 05:46 PM)
The Baseball Tonight crew has learned that Manny Ramirez will not be traded, ESPNews reports.

OK. Ramirez was scratched tonight and the Red Sox still aren't saying why. His hamstring may be giving him problems again, but it's not just that. Jul. 30 - 7:15 pm et

I wouldn't put too much stock in the Baseball Tonight crew saying that Manny will not be traded. I would be willing to bet that the 3-way deal is still in the works. From what I've heard is that since last night it was up to the Mets to be the aggressors in order for the deal to go through. They were not pulling th trigger on it. And after the problems that Manny caused in the lockerroom a few days ago, I would say that there still is a good chance he will be traded. Especially since Francona refused to comment on Manny's status and why he was pulled from the lineup.