Sporting Memorabilia Show

SoxFan1

Well, I went to the Sports Collectors Show at the Stevens Convention Center or whatever and I was amazed. I got my fair share of White Sox memorabilia. Bought about 300 cards, many for very low prices. I also found out an autographed rookie Henry Aaron card I own is worht a LOT of money. There was one booth which had a sale of 10 cards for a dollar and one box had ALL White Sox cards so I ended up buying a lot from there. I finished with:

- 2 Shingo Takatsu Autographed Rookie Cards (1 w/ game worn jersey)

- Mark Buehrle Holographic Card

- Ray Durham Rookie Card

- Warren Spahn HOF Card

- Enos Slaughter Autographed Card

- Robin Ventura Rookie Card

- LaMarr Hoyt '83 Cy Young Card

- 3 Various Harold Baines Autographed Cards

- 3 Various Carlton Fisk cards

- Bo Jackson White Sox 93 Card

- 1959 Billy Pierce ASG Starter Card

- Tadahito Iguchi Rookie Card (very rare)

- George Brett 85 MVP Card

- 3 Varous Ozzie Guillen Cards

- 2005 Holographic AJ Pierzynski Card

- Various White Sox cards (Pasqua, 1-Dog (3), KW (2), 1991/1917 Turn Back The Clock, Bobby Thigpen, BlackJack, and Kittle)

Also got 4 basketball cards (Autographed Deng, Rookie Eddy Curry, Rookie Captain Kirk, Ben Gordon Rookie) and a Record-Brekaing Peyton Manning Wheaties Box.

I also got the opportunity to meat a few celebrities who happened to be atrending. I met Mike Ditka, Mongo, Otis Wilson, Dennis McKinnon, Rob Van Dam from wrestling, and a couple Playboy Playmates... :headbang I was very happy with my visit.

Edited by SoxFan1

Wow, half those WS cards I have laying around here.

If anyone is dying for overproduced 1980s/90s cards.. PM me.

The Pierce AS card if it is from 1959 Topps, is a TOUGH White Sox card to get.

It was in the high numbers and thus was lower printed.

That's THIS weekend? Hmm, may have to check that out. I've been to a few shows there before, and after you pay an arm and a leg fo parking and admission, it's awesome. Stuff EVERYWHERE.

Also, is that Enos Slaughter the one from the 2001 Bowman Heritage set? If so, I actually have that one. See, I have the worst luck when it comes to pulling autographs/game jersey cards, etc. That's one of the few autograph cards I have ever pulled.

QUOTE(farmteam @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 01:46 PM)
See, I have the worst luck when it comes to pulling autographs/game jersey cards, etc.  That's one of the few autograph cards I have ever pulled.

I have pulled only one auto card in all my collecting time. An 05 Topps David DeJesus from the Royals. That's it.

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 04:17 PM)
I have pulled only one auto card in all my collecting time.  An 05 Topps  David DeJesus from the Royals.  That's it.

I havnt bought a pack of cards in years but after reading this thread it made me a little interested today so i bought a pack at the gas station while filling up the tank. And low and be hold I pulled out a Ben Sheets Jersey card. Best card i ever got.

QUOTE(SoxPhan7 @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 10:51 PM)
I havnt bought a pack of cards in years but after reading this thread it made me a little interested today so i bought a pack at the gas station while filling up the tank. And low and be hold I pulled out a Ben Sheets Jersey card. Best card i ever got.

Nice find. Usually every pack has at least 1 good card in it. Even if it is only a 10 card pack.

An autograph makes the Aaron rookie actually worth less than a non-autographed card.

Really. I would never have guessed.

Did he autograph so many of them that they're more common than non-autographed ones? Or is the card community just hardcore about not having markings?

Edited by Antonio Osuna

I've been collecting for over 20 years, I know what I am talking about.

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/co_displays/...2276284,00.html

Baseball cards are classic collectibles; there are two schools of thought concerning autographed cards, however. Some experts (the purists) believe that autographs devalue a card; the other camp (of which Cocchi is a member) says that a card autographed by a baseball star can only increase in value over one with no signature

Vintage rookie cards become less valuable if they are autographed.

They cease being in mint condition when they are.

QUOTE(knightni @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 12:13 AM)
I've been collecting for over 20 years, I know what I am talking about.

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/co_displays/...2276284,00.html

Vintage rookie cards become less valuable if they are autographed.

They cease being in mint condition when they are.

Well, thats the 1st time I've heard this. It still doesn't matter because I had about 5 or 6 guys tell me how much the card was worth and they were all in the same range. That is very interesting though knighti, great find! :headbang