Another Victory Game Thread 7-30-05

aboz56

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(osxfreak @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 02:35 PM)
OK if it were me I'd be tossing every f***ING thing in the Dug out on the field hoping that I hit JOSE int he friggin head.... OZZIE is not loking happy.. wonder why he's leaving him in after that last walk.. obviously he is no good today.

Not necessarily. This is typical Contreras. His problems are mental. He might become Cy Young for the next few innings until he gets to 110 pitches.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 12:34 PM)
And he walks Mora.

Die, Contreras.  Just drop dead on the mound.

Good thing you're not a red sox fan, cause Jose's put up similar numbers to there best pitchers. Man, that would suck for you.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 12:40 PM)
Good thing you're not a red sox fan, cause Jose's put up similar numbers to there best pitchers.  Man, that would suck for you.

LOL. Seriously. He has been great for a 4th starter. He shut down the Red Sox to give us a sseries split in his last game, and has overall been great. Just the way people react in the game thread I suppose. Whine whine whine.

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 12:49 PM)
Grimsley is much more on his game today than Cabrera was.  Grimsley has a great sinker going today.  With our reliance on the homer lately, I'd rather see anyone on the mound but a sinker pitcher.

I agree... Not sure how many more pitches he can throw and be accurate with them but so far he's tossing up some good stuff... lets hope for a turnaround in Jose. So far he seems relaxed with the first 3 pitches..

Edited by osxfreak

One quick thought I'd like to add:  Last night was the most surprising victory I've felt we've had all year.  With Bedard being on his game this season, and Duque facing that lineup, I didn't like our chances.

Totally agree, El Duque came up pretty big. They are still in this game today but they have got to be pulling their hair out with Contreras. National tv game and he has the horrible inning.

If Contreras were a kid, I would feel differently but this guy pitched for Fidel Casro for chrissakes. In Cuba, you pitch bad and it could be 5 years hard labor. Talk about pressure!