Score Reporting

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 01:46 PM)
Just got out of my car at 2:40 and the Score is reporting that the Sox are trying to work out a trade with Pittsburgh for Rob Mackowiak. Also mentioned that the Cubs and Sox are interested in trading for Aubrey Huff and Danys Baez.

Did they mention an asking price for Mackowiak, or just the rumor.

I think what everyone should remember is that Crede is not completely healthy and can go down at anytime. In addition, mackoviak can play 4 or five positions, which gives the sox versitility. Lets face it OZUNA is not a starter and is the only player that can play 2 positions. This is a good move that won't cost alot. mackoviak plays the game well, despite his mediorcre stats this year.

Next to Huff, Mackowiak would be the next best player for the White Sox to get to help our line-up. Like Huff, Mackowiak plays multiple positions, and would be a perfect utility player for us, and as Tony mentioned it would cost us nothing. I'm all for this deal.

CWSOX45

Why are people so against suring up the bench?? Mackowiak brings a solid left handed bat off the bench with a ton of versatility. He can play just about anywhere and is just a solid player. Like Tony said we wouldn't be giving up a lot to get him. I'd be all for it.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 03:02 PM)
Why are people so against suring up the bench??  Mackowiak brings a solid left handed bat off the bench with a ton of versatility.  He can play just about anywhere and is just a solid player.  Like Tony said we wouldn't be giving up a lot to get him.  I'd be all for it.

He's great as a utility guy, but we'd still need to make another move for offense. I'm just saying I hope this isn't the only move we make in terms of offense.

have a nice short life... you find the holes and you fill them, a bench player that can play third and short is a need. A starting pitcher would be an Upgrade, but not a need, a closer would also be extremely benificial beause hermanson is hurt. For those who are young without back problems you will never understand how much pain hermanson and crede are probably in several days a week. There are limited third baseman, and limited starters out there. If you can't get burnett or schmidt then there isn't much. Baez, mesa and EDDIE G are your options for a relief pitcher.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 02:04 PM)
He's great as a utility guy, but we'd still need to make another move for offense.  I'm just saying I hope this isn't the only move we make in terms of offense.

That's fair, I just don't understand the rationale of people hating trying to acquire a versatile, solid bat like Rob.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 03:02 PM)
Why are people so against suring up the bench??  Mackowiak brings a solid left handed bat off the bench with a ton of versatility.  He can play just about anywhere and is just a solid player.  Like Tony said we wouldn't be giving up a lot to get him.  I'd be all for it.

Rowand, its ridiculous that people cannot see the whole picture.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 03:04 PM)
He's great as a utility guy, but we'd still need to make another move for offense.  I'm just saying I hope this isn't the only move we make in terms of offense.

I think we are in every rumor out there, we have a tendency to regard our farm better than others. Point being, you need another team to like your players. If they don't then you can't trade. Fill the holes

I completely agree, lets get him first before everyone jumps off a bridge, there were three bench players that would fit the bill, Mackoviak, graffinino (already traded) and ryan freel (my personal favorite, but won't be traded). Mackoviak would indeed fit this team. He can spell every infielder especially third base, and he plays hard. Those who have mlb extra innings probably have seen him play.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 07:48 PM)
Rob Mackowiak is meh. I don't see him helping us. Yes, I checked his stats. Maybe a decent bench bat, but nothing Gload can't do. I know tons of people will like if this move is made because he's from Chicago and lots of guys are high on Mackowiak around here.

but nothing Gload can't do.

Really? Can Gload play 2nd and 3rd? :huh:

Mackowiak is a gamer, could be a nice fill in