Score Reporting

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RyGuy22 @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 07:03 PM)
It's not likely that the Pirates will ask for anything too demanding for Mackowiak.  Most likely 2 mid-level prospects from what I have heard.  The only person from the MLB roster that could even be considered would be Harris.

I'm not sure what the Red Sox gave up for Graffinino, but I would imagine it was probably mid-level players - I agree that a trade for Mackowiak would be similar.

Mackowiak gives you power off of the bench. Just as he's in a funk right now, he has the ability to catch fire and be a real offensive contributor. That's a lot more than we can say for Willie. We don't need a back-up 2nd baseman anyways, with Ozuna on the roster.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 07:59 PM)
if we got mack we wouldnt need ozuna and timo

Why wouldnt we need Ozuna? I think he would be even more valuable if Mack came, they could spell Uribe and Crede at the same time.

QUOTE(Cali @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 08:16 PM)
Wasn't Mackowiac a big White Sox fan growing up? I thought I remembered reading that. I know he was born in Oak Lawn

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he was. All that will do is either make him extremely nervous and suck ass on the Sox or encourage and pump him up and he'll be even better than he has been in the past. Or maybe it will have no effect.

*pointless post*

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 08:13 PM)
Ozuna is going nowhere.  Can you think of one reason why Pablo Ozuna won't be on the Sox after tomorrow?

personally theres no point in having him "if" we get mackowiak IMO

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 08:34 PM)
Oh, yeah?  Who's our back-up SS, then?

Ozuna, Mack, Goochi, Crede in an emergency, Dye in a huge emergency. We have guys who can play SS.

The 2 reasons I would rather not get rid of Willie are his speed and his little bit of versatility. A guy who can play 2B/SS and essentially all 3 OF positions(though he would be not so hawt in RF with his arm like a girl...no offense girls) is very valuable...it's one of the reasons Mackowiak is in the majors. And that kind of speed off the bench is very nice to have, especially come playoff time.

Felix Diaz for Mack might work...if not, I'm almost sure Diaz and Munoz makes it.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 12:11 AM)
Ozuna, Mack, Goochi, Crede in an emergency, Dye in a huge emergency.  We have guys who can play SS.

The 2 reasons I would rather not get rid of Willie are his speed and his little bit of versatility.  A guy who can play 2B/SS and essentially all 3 OF positions(though he would be not so hawt in RF with his arm like a girl...no offense girls) is very valuable...it's one of the reasons Mackowiak is in the majors.  And that kind of speed off the bench is very nice to have, especially come playoff time.

Felix Diaz for Mack might work...if not, I'm almost sure Diaz and Munoz makes it.

I'm saying there'd be no back-up for SS if we got rid of Ozuna. Mackowiak hasn't played a game at SS in his career, according to ESPN.com. Gooch doesn't have the arm and Crede is the starting 3B. My point is that there is no back-up for SS without Ozuna, and there isn't. You're only talking about emergency situations, I'm talking about a guy who can fill in once or twice a week.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 04:05 PM)
I'm saying there'd be no back-up for SS if we got rid of Ozuna.  Mackowiak hasn't played a game at SS in his career, according to ESPN.com.  Gooch doesn't have the arm and Crede is the starting 3B.  My point is that there is no back-up for SS without Ozuna, and there isn't.  You're only talking about emergency situations, I'm talking about a guy who can fill in once or twice a week.

Some people just don't get it. Ozuna isn't going anywhere, as you noted. He's our back-up SS and will be our fastest bench player once Willie is sent down.