AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!

Da Sox

The offense was awesome today. At the risk of sounding like Hawk, Pauly is so much more dangerous right now then he's been in a while. Crede looks good, Juan with a great game. Tadahito just keeps doing everything right, Aj is just crushing everything in sight and Spiderman has just been great as well. Very nice win :headbang

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 04:22 PM)
The offense was awesome tonight.  At the risk of sounding like Hawk, Pauly is so much more dangerous right now then he's been in a while.  Crede looks good, Juan with a great game.  Tadahito just keeps doing everything right, Aj is just crushing everything in sight and Spiderman has just been great as well.  Very nice win :headbang

:unsure:

Pierzynski up to .266 after todays game.. was in the .240's less than a week ago. :)

Spiderman is an awful nickname for dye in my opinion.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 03:25 PM)
:unsure:

Pierzynski up to .266 after todays game.. was in the .240's less than a week ago. :)

Spiderman is an awful nickname for dye in my opinion.

I edited it, happy? And I like the nickname, so to bad :D

I was at today's game in Camden Yards. The Count was frustrating as usual, looking dominant at times and really idiotic at times. Thank goodness I was getting Dippin Dots when Palmeiro homered- I would have been really pissed.

Crede looked better than I remembered at the plate. Great cut at the homer off Chen.

I was surprised to see on the highlight that Pierzynski acted like he knew it was a homer all the way. I thought it was perhaps off the wall or going to hit the track - it just barely made it.

Dye's homer was a bomb. I think Man Soo Lee caught it in the bullpen and got pretty excited. Was great to see.

The Gooch looked good, too. Interesting play on Palmeiro to thrown him out 4-1.

Jenks's fastball doesn't look as fast as Contreras's - Contreras hides the ball better. But Cotts' fastball looks almost as quick as Contreras.

We have a closer with an 88 mph fastball? Get Billy Wagner quick.

I think that the offense is just now getting on track. Pierzynski is a .300 hitter, and Konerko is a .290 guy. I expect them to get back up there.

QUOTE(BlackBetsy @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 07:34 PM)
We have a closer with an 88 mph fastball?  Get Billy Wagner quick.

The only thing you should worry about with Hermanson is his back.

I agree we need some insurance in the closer's role, but not because of his fastball. He is a geat closer.