Latest news on Huff and Baez

AWhiteSoxinNJ

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 05:46 PM)
Very interesting.  By the way, I second that 'out of the gameday thread' comment.  :D

Thanks. What I don't understand is why more people don't realize it's simply venting in the gamethread. If you go and look at any gamethread for any team, there's so many highs and lows during the game. It's so easy to overreact.

Vizquel would be the best acquisition possible, imo. Well Wagner could be at that stage and Burnett could as well, but Omar wow.

Still Giants are in the thick of acquiring Soriano, that tells me they are going for it. Omar isn't going anywhere.

Thanks.  What I don't understand is why more people don't realize it's simply venting in the gamethread.  If you go and look at any gamethread for any team, there's so many highs and lows during the game.  It's so easy to overreact.

Well that's one way to rationalize it! :D

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 12:50 PM)
Vizquel would be the best acquisition possible, imo.  Well Wagner could be at that stage and Burnett could as well, but Omar wow. 

Still Giants are in the thick of acquiring Soriano, that tells me they are going for it.  Omar isn't going anywhere.

Wow, the Giants are stupid if they're gonna keep going for it. Sure, they may make the playoffs, though it's an outside chance even in such a horrible division. But, they'll just get bounced in the playoffs easily. Soriano will add nothing to that team. Their defense will still be bad, which is a major problem for them, and his offense will go down considerably with that park and very little protection in that lineup. And then he's gone after this year, isn't he?

God, I've always hated the Giants.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 05:54 PM)
Wow, the Giants are stupid if they're gonna keep going for it.  Sure, they may make the playoffs, though it's an outside chance even in such a horrible division.  But, they'll just get bounced in the playoffs easily.  Soriano will add nothing to that team.  Their defense will still be bad, which is a major problem for them, and his offense will go down considerably with that park and very little protection in that lineup.  And then he's gone after this year, isn't he?

Giants are builiding their team for next year. Really doesn't make sense, does it? I can't believe their awful trade for Randy Winn.

Vizquel > Huff for this year's Sox

Why? Vizquel > Uribe

Vizqel can bat #2 and allow Iguchi to hit away. I'd love to see what Iguchi's average is with Pods on 1st vs. Pods not on. When he gives up those strikes, he's much worse. Being new in the league, he needs those strikes. Iguchi can be way better if allowed to be aggressive. Therefore, if Vizqel is on the team, Iguchi > than Iguchi was.

Uribe > Ozuna, Blum, or Wille as Utility

Huff is a better hitter and I'd be happy to get him, but Ozzie would have to juggle him in the lineup.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 09:54 AM)
Wow, the Giants are stupid if they're gonna keep going for it.  Sure, they may make the playoffs, though it's an outside chance even in such a horrible division.  But, they'll just get bounced in the playoffs easily.  Soriano will add nothing to that team.  Their defense will still be bad, which is a major problem for them, and his offense will go down considerably with that park and very little protection in that lineup.  And then he's gone after this year, isn't he?

They aren't just doing it for this year, they want to compete next year as well when they get Barry back. I don't watch the Giants enough to know how much these moves will help, but Sabean has been a pretty darn good GM (he's willing to give up stuff, but the Giants have been a good team for a pretty long time, so I'd put some faith in his moves).

QUOTE(103 mph screwball @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 12:57 PM)
Vizquel > Huff for this year's Sox

Why?  Vizquel > Uribe

Vizqel can bat #2 and allow Iguchi to hit away.  I'd love to see what Iguchi's average is with Pods on 1st vs. Pods not on.  When he gives up those strikes, he's much worse.  Being new in the league, he needs those strikes.  Iguchi can be way better if allowed to be aggressive.  Therefore, if Vizqel is on the team, Iguchi > than Iguchi was.

Uribe > Ozuna, Blum, or Wille as Utility

Huff is a better hitter and I'd be happy to get him, but Ozzie would have to juggle him in the lineup.

You make some very good points. Omar isn't looking too bad right now, and personally I wouldn't lose any sleep if we acquired him instead of Huff.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 11:50 AM)
Vizquel would be the best acquisition possible, imo.  Well Wagner could be at that stage and Burnett could as well, but Omar wow. 

Still Giants are in the thick of acquiring Soriano, that tells me they are going for it.  Omar isn't going anywhere.

Omar was scheduled to rest on Sunday. I saw a blurb on this late last week. I would love Omar as much as the next guy, but I dont think this is happening.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 01:48 PM)
Thanks.  What I don't understand is why more people don't realize it's simply venting in the gamethread.  If you go and look at any gamethread for any team, there's so many highs and lows during the game.  It's so easy to overreact.

Very true. I think my problem with the overreacting concerns a lifelong struggle to not overreact. The hope is that 'sober, second thoughts' will result in a personal maturation or growing up. My natural instinct is to be emotional and therefore I find myself internally cursing like all the overreactors. But a part of me believes there is folly in such behaviour and I don't want anyone else to be subjected to the negativism.

I am in my 50s now and will probably still be trying to grow up in my 80s......if I ever get there.

Maybe all I need is the same thing as everyone else around here - a White Sox championship. :banghead