Latest news on Huff and Baez

AWhiteSoxinNJ

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, this helps limits the teams.

OK, first of all you crack me up, not in a good way.

Second, I agree with you about going for it this year, and we are in agreement with minimally overpaying for the right guy - but at the same time not being stupid about things.

Loved the teenager with anger management problems comment. I think it's the age old problem of teenagers not connecting enough with the opposite sex and you know exactly what I'm sayin'.

Downtown Naperville was exceptionally scenic tonite, unbelieveable. Although our reception at Red Door was decidedly chilly, it appears to me that someone I know told management that we were unhappy with The Smarmy Guy and we are convinced that management told The Smarmy Guy all about it. We are lucky we didn't have spit floating in our PBR, I'm serious, I'm tellin' ya.

I am still expecting a trade and I suspect KW will overpay to get a guy or two.

Just about 15 hours to go, and then you can relax yourself, the trade deadline will be over, oh wait, there is the whole waiver deadline thing, never mind.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 09:18 PM)
Crap, so the Giants aren't selling.

I would say they are moving sideways. Jesse Foppert also went in the deal. He had as much fan fare and upside as Mcarthy, and he hasn't turned out to be anything.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 09:21 PM)
OK, first of all you crack me up, not in a good way. 

Second, I agree with you about going for it this year, and we are in agreement with minimally overpaying for the right guy - but at the same time not being stupid about things.

Loved the teenager with anger management problems comment.  I think it's the age old problem of teenagers not connecting enough with the opposite sex and you know exactly what I'm sayin'.

Downtown Naperville was exceptionally scenic tonite, unbelieveable.  Although our reception at Red Door was decidedly chilly, it appears to me that someone I know told management that we were unhappy with The Smarmy Guy and we are convinced that management told The Smarmy Guy all about it.  We are lucky we didn't have spit floating in our PBR, I'm serious, I'm tellin' ya.

I am still expecting a trade and I suspect KW will overpay to get a guy or two.

Just about 15 hours to go, and then you can relax yourself, the trade deadline will be over, oh wait, there is the whole waiver deadline thing, never mind.

I said we both didn't like smary. I included myself, and that was after I was told he would be gone. Who treated you bad? smarmy? so what. If brian treated you bad that would be another story. s*** you told all the broads you didn't like him either. its not like this is a secret.Grip yourself. This is coming from a guy who tells me that your personal goal was to get the guy fired. Unreal. keep yourself together.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 06:11 PM)
I'm so f'ing frustrated with the trade deadline.

Even if Kenny wants to acquire two f'ing Devil Rays it's going to take McCarthy?  Are you kidding me?

A) Snag Mackowiak

B ) Get another SP in here ASAP

I can't take the Cuban Pitching Crisis anymore.

Mackowiak would be a much better option as a 3rd base backup than Pablo. I like the idea. He hasnt done to much in a while, and his value should be low. This could be a low cost option and shouldnt hinder KW from making a bigger splash.

I still feel we need another stick.

I said we both didn't like smary. I included myself, and that was after I was told he would be gone. Who treated you bad? smarmy? so what. If brian treated you bad that would be another story. s*** you told all the broads you didn't like him either. its not like this is a secret.Grip yourself. This is coming from a guy who tells me that your personal goal was to get the guy fired. Unreal. keep yourself together.

See what I mean SoxTalk community?

Another masterpiece.

In an effort to keep this thread on track which someone I know apparantly is unable to do ... Showtime, if the Sox get Huff he will split time with Crede and Konerko and I think you'd see Gload in AAA winning his Gold Glove down there. It will all depend on other trades but I don't think they'll get Huff. Chuck Lamaar is a nut case.

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 09:25 PM)
Jim or TQ,

I'm all for getting Huff, but where do you guys see him playing? Do you think he'd be splitting time with Carl?

I see Huff taking over the full-time DH spot and Everett going back to his old role as OF/DH sub. Plus Huff can play some OF and give those guys a break not to mention resting Konerko at 1B.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 09:29 PM)
See what I mean SoxTalk community?

Another masterpiece.

In an effort to keep this thread on track which someone I know apparantly is unable to do ... Showtime, if the Sox get Huff he will split time with Crede and Konerko and I think you'd see Gload in AAA winning his Gold Glove down there.  It will all depend on other trades but I don't think they'll get Huff.  Chuck Lamaar is a nut case.

That's what I figured.

I guess we shall see.

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 09:25 PM)
Jim or TQ,

I'm all for getting Huff, but where do you guys see him playing? Do you think he'd be splitting time with Carl?

Show, He will spell konerko,crede, and Dye. He will also DH. He is not great at third but is serviceable when Crede's back flares up. Most likely he will play 3-4 games per week. The key is the left handed power bat in the lineup. He gives Ozzie flexability for lineups. Everett will tire, and so will Dye. He is a great fall back. In addition, I am sure they will want him next year.

I said we both didn't like smary. I included myself, and that was after I was told he would be gone. Who treated you bad? smarmy? so what. If brian treated you bad that would be another story. s*** you told all the broads you didn't like him either. its not like this is a secret.

Management 101 my friend.

I think the owner named names. Not good. Just say, "we've had complaints, you are a f***tard and your resignation won't come fast enough".

Instead of, "Do you know that quickman guy who felt the need to tip you $20 so you'd stop bad rapping PBR, yeah that's right, the guy who always complains about something or the other? Yeah him. Oh, and that nice sweet couple who comes in on Sat. nites for a pitcher of PBR? They both have confirmed to me you are a f***tard Mr. Smarmy Guy."

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 09:32 PM)
Show, He will spell konerko,crede, and Dye. He will also DH. He is not great at third but is serviceable when Crede's back flares up. Most likely he will play 3-4 games per week. The key is the left handed power bat in the lineup. He gives Ozzie flexability for lineups. Everett will tire, and so will Dye. He is a great fall back. In addition, I am sure they will want him next year.

If Kenny can land him, I'm sure that spells the end of Konerko's time here.

Sounds like it would be a major plus to me.

So ... by this post Carnac the Quicknificent, you are telling us you think the Sox will get Huff?

Is that what you're sayin'?

Enquiring Minds Want To Know. :fight

Im thinking KW is looking past this season with these trades. It seems as if he is targeting players who can take over for Crede and PK. These include, but are not limited to, Overbay, Huff, Mackowiak, Lowell, and Clark. Clearly, PK is gone at the end of the season. I REALLY would have loved Overbay here but it is not going to happen. I can only hope KW does the smart thing tomorrow.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 09:38 PM)
Im thinking KW is looking past this season with these trades. It seems as if he is targeting players who can take over for Crede and PK. These include, but are not limited to, Overbay, Huff, Mackowiak, Lowell, and Clark. Clearly, PK is gone at the end of the season. I REALLY would have loved Overbay here but it is not going to happen. I can only hope KW does the smart thing tomorrow.

Somebody just brought up Clark's name in another thread with no source or anything. I don't think KW is looking at him. Besides that, he's no piece of the future...he's old.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 09:36 PM)
So ... by this post Carnac the Quicknificent, you are telling us you think the Sox will get Huff?

Is that what you're sayin'?

Enquiring Minds Want To Know.  :fight

Now i know you have had too many PBR's. Why are you drinking and typing. Its not a good look for you. Nowhere did I say we would get him, but if we did I would defend the trade as a positive. What I will say is that Lamar will not want to keep either of those guys. I do think both will be traded. Lamars best shot will be now, not the waiver.