Latest news on Huff and Baez

AWhiteSoxinNJ

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 09:38 PM)
Im thinking KW is looking past this season with these trades. It seems as if he is targeting players who can take over for Crede and PK. These include, but are not limited to, Overbay, Huff, Mackowiak, Lowell, and Clark. Clearly, PK is gone at the end of the season. I REALLY would have loved Overbay here but it is not going to happen. I can only hope KW does the smart thing tomorrow.

1.) Crede will be here next year.

2.) Huff is not an everday 3Bman (though he is an everday 1B/DH).

3.) Mack should not be an everday 3Bman.

4.) There has been no talk of Tony Clark comming to the Sox other than speculation from people here. He would be a s***ty fill in for Konerko after he walks.

5.) Don't rule out an Overbay trade just yet, plus a trade for him in the offseason should not be ruled out.

6.) I gaurentee we don't get Lowell.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now i know you have had too many PBR's. Why are you drinking and typing. Its not a good look for you. Nowhere did I say we would get him, but if we did I would defend the trade as a positive. What I will say is that Lamar will not want to keep either of those guys. I do think both will be traded. Lamars best shot will be now, not the waiver.

Why is that, I don't understand your logic, but no surprise there. Lamaar came out and said both guys fit in their 2005 budget and plans, plus you have Lou Pinella on ownerships ass down there re: fielding a competitive team.

Actaully I am buzzing on Diet Coke if you must know the truth. Try it sometime, oh wait, you are already pacing the floor with this trade deadline. Relax yourself once and for all.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 09:43 PM)

4.) There has been no talk of Tony Clark comming to the Sox other than speculation from people here. He would be a s***ty fill in for Konerko after he walks.5.) Don't rule out an Overbay trade just yet, plus a trade for him in the offseason should not be ruled out.

i wouldnt want tony clark anyhow

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 10:43 PM)

4.) There has been no talk of Tony Clark comming to the Sox other than speculation from people here. He would be a s***ty fill in for Konerko after he walks.

5.) Don't rule out an Overbay trade just yet, plus a trade for him in the offseason should not be ruled out.

I agree with all these things. That was just something I picked up on. I DEFINITELY am hoping a trade for Overbay can be made now or in the off-season but I just don't see it happening before the deadline. IN the offseason, I'd LOOVE for KW to get him here. Crede definitely will be here next year, I agree but is seems KW is looking for people to back him up or give him some time off. To me, I can care less, I like Joe. Clark was just I name I threw in because I saw it in another thread. What makes you so sure we will not get Lowell?

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 09:46 PM)
I agree with all these things. That was just something I picked up on. I DEFINITELY am hoping a trade for Overbay can be made now or in the off-season but I just don't see it happening before the deadline. IN the offseason, I'd LOOVE for KW to get him here. Crede definitely will be here next year, I agree but is seems KW is looking for people to back him up or give him some time off. To me, I can care less, I like Joe. Clark was just I name I threw in because I saw it in another thread. What makes you so sure we will not get Lowell?

AJ Burnett will NOT be traded, and the Sox aren't going to trade just for Mike Lowell.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 09:46 PM)

I don't see the sox making a trade JUST for Mike Lowell and since Burnett isn't getting traded, most likely the Sox will have no interest. The only reason the Sox showed any interest in Lowell was becaues of Burnett. He would have been a nice pickup to go along in any Burnett trade but by himself, it's just not intrigueing.

After watching the brilliant minds of ESPN's Baseball Tonight, I really, really, really think Kenny is going to land both Baez and Huff.

Now, I'm not even going to b**** this time; and I'll tell you why.

1) Not only will Huff be able to come in and provide some MUCH needed offense in this, our best shot at a WS in the forseeable future; but, the guy will be under contract and will allow Konerko to pack his bags this off-season. I REPEAT: Huff, if acquired, would be the everyday starting 1B for the 2006 Chicago White Sox...no need to find Konerko's replacement--he'd already be on the roster.

2) F*ck it. Trade McCarthy. Hell, if it takes McCarthy AND Chris Young, I'd have to think long and hard about it. Looking at LaMaar's past moves, it will take nothing short of McCarthy and another HIGH prospect or two to get this thing done.

3) Baez comes in and replaces Vizcaino on the depth chart. Translation: improved bullpen with another closer possibilty

4) Huff could come in and friggin dominate in USCF. Spelling both Konerko and Crede, Huff would get a TON of AB's and I think he'd become a fan favorite in no time.

5) If acquired, Huff would probably spell the end of Ross Gload with the 05' Sox...sorry Timo-haters.

6) As far as the other rumors--i.e. Burnett, Guardado--nothing doing. Seriously. It appears the best shot Kenny has to put new players on the roster would come from Tampa Bay...if it means overpaying to make a big deadline splash...go for it.

...um...I guess that's it for now.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 09:43 PM)

I'm ruling out a Trade for Overbay. It could happen in the offseason, but not before the Trade deadline. I can guarantee that.

After watching the brilliant minds of ESPN's Baseball Tonight, I really, really, really think Kenny is going to land both Baez and Huff.

<Gone are the days of the epic Soxtalk posts>

1) Not only will Huff be able to come in and provide some MUCH needed offense in this, our best shot at a WS in the forseeable future; but, the guy will be under contract and will allow Konerko to pack his bags this off-season.  I REPEAT: Huff, if acquired, would be the everyday starting 1B for the 2006 Chicago White Sox...no need to find Konerko's replacement--he'd already be on the roster.

2) F*ck it.  Trade McCarthy.  Hell, if it takes McCarthy AND Chris Young, I'd have to think long and hard about it.  Looking at LaMaar's past moves, it will take nothing short of McCarthy and another HIGH prospect or two to get this thing done.

3) Baez comes in and replaces Vizcaino on the depth chart.  Translation: improved bullpen with another closer possibilty

4) Huff could come in and friggin dominate in USCF.  Spelling both Konerko and Crede, Huff would get a TON of AB's and I think he'd become a fan favorite in no time.

5) If acquired, Huff would probably spell the end of Ross Gload with the 05' Sox...sorry Timo-haters.

6) As far as the other rumors--i.e. Burnett, Guardado--nothing doing.  Seriously.  It appears the best shot Kenny has to put new players on the roster would come from Tampa Bay...if it means overpaying to make a big deadline splash...go for it.

Well, you are taking a stance here and I respect you for it. Can't say I disagree with a lot of what you said here.

Remind me to play poker with you some time though, LOL, as your poker face is not that good under pressure. :D

QUOTE(SHAFTR @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 09:52 PM)
I'm ruling out a Trade for Overbay.  It could happen in the offseason, but not before the Trade deadline.  I can guarantee that.

Do you live in Wisconsin and/or a Brewer fan? The only time I ever see you jump in is when someone says the name Overbay?

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 08:53 PM)
Well, you are taking a stance here and I respect you for it.  Can't say I disagree with a lot of what you said here.

Remind me to play poker with you some time though, LOL, as your poker face is not that good under pressure. :D

I'm pulling my hair out with these names.

--So and So has a 99% chance of coming to Team X

--Wait, this just in, the talks of So and So going to Team X have almost come to a complete standstill

--So and So may now go to Team Y

--Actually, So and So will probably just remain with his team for the remainder of the season.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

:P That deadline can't come fast enough.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 09:51 PM)

1) Not only will Huff be able to come in and provide some MUCH needed offense in this, our best shot at a WS in the forseeable future; but, the guy will be under contract and will allow Konerko to pack his bags this off-season.  I REPEAT: Huff, if acquired, would be the everyday starting 1B for the 2006 Chicago White Sox...no need to find Konerko's replacement--he'd already be on the roster.

2) F*ck it.  Trade McCarthy.  Hell, if it takes McCarthy AND Chris Young, I'd have to think long and hard about it.  Looking at LaMaar's past moves, it will take nothing short of McCarthy and another HIGH prospect or two to get this thing done.

3) Baez comes in and replaces Vizcaino on the depth chart.  Translation: improved bullpen with another closer possibilty

4) Huff could come in and friggin dominate in USCF.  Spelling both Konerko and Crede, Huff would get a TON of AB's and I think he'd become a fan favorite in no time.

6) As far as the other rumors--i.e. Burnett, Guardado--nothing doing.  Seriously.  It appears the best shot Kenny has to put new players on the roster would come from Tampa Bay...if it means overpaying to make a big deadline splash...go for it.

addison welcome to the club! I always liked you. Hope your summer is going well. Would love to share a game with you sometime. Let me know if your schedule is easing.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 08:59 PM)
addison welcome to the club! I always liked you. Hope your summer is going well. Would love to share a game with you sometime. Let me know if your schedule is easing.

You got it, TQ. This time, we'd have to make it a Southside affair. They can keep their Northside "expierence." :lol:

I'll drop you a line in the not too distant future! :cheers

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 10:51 PM)

1.) :headbang :headbang :headbang

2.) I'd be willing to trade just about any of out Minor Leaguer's to improve the team.

3.) :headbang :headbang :headbang

4.) :headbang :headbang :headbang But don't forget Dye. He can play RF too.

5.) Meh

6.) Agreed

Excellent -- excellent post!

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 10:03 PM)
You got it, TQ.  This time, we'd have to make it a Southside affair.  They can keep their Northside "expierence." :lol:

I'll drop you a line in the not too distant future! :cheers

terrific, looking forward to it.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 10:09 PM)
Would Aubrey Huff put the Sox over the top though?

Depends on what you mean by "over the top". The Sox currently are 32 games over .500 and have 67 wins at the end of July. Huff would make the team much better by adding his bat to the lineup, he's a lefty with a great power stroke and can hit for average. Huff would be a great acquisition but to put a team "over the top" I just don't know WTF that means.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 10:12 PM)
Depends on what you mean by "over the top". The Sox currently are 32 games over .500 and have 67 wins at the end of July. Huff would make the team much better by adding his bat to the lineup, he's a lefty with a great power stroke and can hit for average. Huff would be a great acquisition but to put a team "over the top" I just don't know WTF that means.

i mean from a Postseason team to a team that will deep into the playoffs. How much of an impact do you think he would make in the playoffs because the Sox are pretty much in right now.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 11:15 PM)
i mean from a Postseason team to a team that will deep into the playoffs.  How much of an impact do you think he would make in the playoffs because the Sox are pretty much in right now.

Do not fail to forget how Baez also improves the team. Huff and Baez turn this team into a deep-playoff team IMO.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 09:17 PM)
Do not fail to forget how Baez also improves the team. Huff and Baez turn this team into a deep-playoff team IMO.

I agree that the addition of Huff and Baez would be a great step in putting the Sox over the top. Baez would be a great arm in the bullpen, not necessarily a closer for the Sox. Huff would add a much needed bat to a lineup that can be far too inconsistent at times. He would be able to take upon much of the DH role and allow for starters such as Crede, Dye, and Everett to get rest without losing pop in the lineup. IMO right now, when the starters are rested, the lineup suffers too much with Perez, Ozuna, and Harris filling in. And the Sox also have no depth in the outfield where Huff could fill in as well. As far as the postseason goes, a guy like Huff would give the Sox another guy who would be able to drive in runs...which should be a concern at this point for the Sox. The pitching is there and an addition like Baez would only strengthen the bullpen as long as we did not rely on him to close games. And Huff would deepen a lineup of so called "no names" to give them the ability to drive in runs all the way through the lineup.

QUOTE(RyGuy22 @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 11:28 PM)
I agree that the addition of Huff and Baez would be a great step in putting the Sox over the top.  Baez would be a great arm in the bullpen, not necessarily a closer for the Sox.  Huff would add a much needed bat to a lineup that can be far too inconsistent at times.  He would be able to take upon much of the DH role and allow for starters such as Crede, Dye, and Everett to get rest without losing pop in the lineup.  IMO right now, when the starters are rested, the lineup suffers too much with Perez, Ozuna, and Harris filling in.  And the Sox also have no depth in the outfield where Huff could fill in as well.  As far as the postseason goes, a guy like Huff would give the Sox another guy who would be able to drive in runs...which should be a concern at this point for the Sox.  The pitching is there and an addition like Baez would only strengthen the bullpen as long as we did not rely on him to close games.  And Huff would deepen a lineup of so called "no names" to give them the ability to drive in runs all the way through the lineup.

Agreed 100%. Welcome to SoxTalk!!!!!! :gosox3: :headbang :cheers

QUOTE(soxman352000 @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 10:50 PM)
Now ESPN is saying the Sox would have to give up 3-4 prospects for Baez and Huff. 4 is way too many IMO

espn can say what they want, they are not the ones in contact with other teams negotiating deals