Favorite White Sox-related Possession

greasywheels121

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 03:08 AM)
I have Jamie Navarro's cap from 97 - it's my good luck cap, believe it or not.  Too bad it didn't work for him.

The CD single "3-5 The White Sox Got 'Em Open Up Wide", sung by some unknown person but featuring Frank Thomas (at least his name is on the insert), and released on his then record company.  Weird.

Does his cap have a huge Jheri Curl greasemark inside it ala Coming to America?

"Sexual Chocolate, ladies and gentlemen! Sexual Chocolate!"

"That boy is good!"

"Yeah, good and terrible."

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've mentioned this on another thread once before,but I was born in 1959, "The pennant year"(Great Year-----Thanks Mom & Dad), so to sort of commenorate that, I have collected EVERY Topps brand Sox baseball cards from that year to the present day, which includes rookies. leader cards, oddballs, etc. Any Topps card that has any sort of picture of a White Sox player I have EXCEPT ONE CARD. A 1963 #537 Rookie Al Weis. Why do I not have one. Because he is on the same card as Rookie Pete Rose. Can't afford it to complete my collection. If anyone has, or knows where I can get one of those cards that is beat to death and has little value, please let me know. I don't care about condition of the card. Just want to complete the collection. Thanks! Tom

Seaver jersey that both him and Fisk signed with 300th win and HOF .

Great item, that's outstanding. I remember watching that game, thought for sure that last fly ball was a HR and it finally came down.

I have an old Comiskey green seat, brick, Andy the Clown's business card, a bunch of old media guides, old pennants from the 40's and 50's.

One thing I am looking for and can't seem to find ... one of the old popcorn boxes from the 60's that you could use as a megaphone, they were red and white with a charicature of a Sox batter on it. They have one displayed in the Hall of Fame shop behind home plate.

Authentic Robin Ventura home jersey.

Personalized, signed Robin Ventura photograph from Soxfest.

Topps 1989 Robin Ventura rookie card

Chair from Old Comiskey Park.

Ticket stub from the very last game at old Comiskey Park

Ticket stub from the very first game at New Comiskey Park

My dad also has an audio tape from the 1959 World Series. Very cool to hear Jack Brickhouse.

QUOTE(knightni @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 11:40 PM)
Does his cap have a huge Jheri Curl greasemark inside it ala Coming to America?

"Sexual Chocolate, ladies and gentlemen! Sexual Chocolate!"

"That boy is good!"

"Yeah, good and terrible."

Ha! No, it doesn't have Jheri-Curl grease, but it did have his kids' names on the brim. In case he forget them, I guess.

i have a lot of the same stuff that everyone else does....brick from old comiskey, old seat(which i have to repaint :angry:) but a couple of my other favs include my Frank autographed program, Fisk auto pic, Baines auto ball, Paulie bat.

And my all-time fav, Ray Ray jersey I bought from the garage sale....only jersey that would really fit me. :D 12-1 wearing that jersey so far this year!!!

QUOTE(Colorado Sox Fan @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 05:22 PM)
I have a 1991 Topps Fisk All Star and a 1989 Topps Fisk. You want them? I can drop them in the mail.

Let me check, but I'm fairly sure I have those. The offer is much appreciated.

autograph Ventura bat and Helmet, also my Carlos Lee and Rowand autograph ball, i have had bad luck with autographs, Howry got his next year gone, baldwin got his next year gone, foulke got his next year gone, ventura got his after gone, Daubauch got his gone, Brook fordyce got his next year gone, lee got his it took two years now gone, the only one i got left of an active sox is Rowand, i also got frank but its not mine

QUOTE(Spod=Ratings @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 02:35 AM)
autograph Ventura bat and Helmet, also my Carlos Lee and Rowand autograph ball, i have had bad luck with autographs, Howry got his next year gone, baldwin got his next year gone, foulke got his next year gone, ventura got his after gone, Daubauch got his gone, Brook fordyce got his next year gone, lee got his it took two years now gone, the only one i got left of an active sox is Rowand, i also got frank but its not mine

Get Timo's autograph, please.