BUMPED THREAD: Geoff Blum to the White Sox?

fathom

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 12:40 AM)
It makes total sense.  He's a back-up 2nd base/3rd base guy, who's a switch hitter.  See ya Willie!  He had a terrible June, but he's been very solid every other month.

I would rather have Macowiak. WTF

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 01:40 AM)
Where did the rumor come from? And why is it a rumor if the trade has taken place?

Link please?

It's on 4 different message boards that they reported it on a San Diego radio station.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 06:41 AM)
I would rather have Macowiak.  WTF

We don't know what the asking price for Mackowiak is. Lets wait to find out who the 2 minor league guys we traded were. I don't mind this deal at all, as long as none of our main prospects were involved.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 06:43 AM)
Nothing like another low BA, low OBP guy for the team.

He has a terrible June, but his numbers have been quite good besides that month. Don't forget he had to hit in that monsterous park. I'd rather have Blum than Willie, I'll tell you that.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 01:43 AM)
Nothing like another low BA, low OBP guy for the team.

Low OBP because of his low average. The guy is not afraid to draw a walk. A guy with a .242 BA with a .323 OBP is not awful.

Not a non-patient hitter who has a .260+ BA and has an OBP of less then .320.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 12:52 AM)
Yippee.  Career line of .253/.317/.396. 

Pretty useless vs. lefties.

So, another guy who can hit righties.  Ross Gload says hi? 

I swear...  if any of these prospects are remotely considered 'prospects', than Kenny deserves a beating.

Remember at Soxfest, When questioned about the budget for this year, KW talked about the flexibility of getting someone midseason. Hopefully a "Blum" was not the flexibility he was talking about.

YUCK

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 01:56 AM)
So is it Bye Bye Willie now. 

What is the roster move that allows this.

Willie and whoever for Blum would do it for me.

Willie makes sense for San Diego. I can't remember how long Loretta is out(or if he even is out anymore), but their interest for Boone tells me all I really need to know.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 01:57 AM)
Willie and whoever for Blum would do it for me.

Willie makes sense for San Diego.  I can't remember how long Loretta is out(or if he even is out anymore), but their interest for Boone tells me all I really need to know.

Loretta is back already.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 01:53 AM)
It being posted that it was reported on a radio station is good enough for me, for now

You're easier than I. On each message board I looked everyone that didn't hear it and replied was like huh what who when where why. So I'm sure I buy this, plus only the starter of the thread said it. It could be spam.

Loretta is back btw.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 06:52 AM)
Yippee.  Career line of .253/.317/.396. 

Pretty useless vs. lefties.

So, another guy who can hit righties.  Ross Gload says hi? 

I swear...  if any of these prospects are remotely considered 'prospects', than Kenny deserves a beating.

He's hitting lefties better than he is righties this season. What some people don't realize is that this guy can play both 3b and 2b. His OPS is abouat 175 pts higher than Willie Harris. Assuming we don't give up too much, I don't have a problem with this trade. It's a definite boost to our bench (including a switch hitter who has some pop from the right side ).