Is anything going to happen?

Dam8610

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 02:12 AM)
We've all been talking for months now about potential trades, and on July 31st, NOTHING HAS HAPPENED! Is Randy Winn going to be the biggest name to move or is someone going to pull the trigger on a bigger deal?

I'll be very dissapointed if we aren't able to add a bat and a reliever. Will know soon in less than 12 hours.

QUOTE(103 mph screwball @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 09:08 AM)
How long after the deadline does news of deals trickle out.  I mean, if 5 minutes before the end of the deadline KW gives up on his top 6 plans and goes for plan g, how long might that news take to come out?  What time can I give up trade hopes?

not sure, i thought last year we knew almost right away about contreras and loaiza, and that was submitted 1 minute before the deadline. i think its easy to find out right away, because the team then has nothing to hide, and probably isnt working on any other deals.

QUOTE(103 mph screwball @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 10:08 AM)
How long after the deadline does news of deals trickle out.  I mean, if 5 minutes before the end of the deadline KW gives up on his top 6 plans and goes for plan g, how long might that news take to come out?  What time can I give up trade hopes?

It would come out right away.

I can't take this much longer. I'm starting to get restless. I'm just hoping that Kenny has like 3 deals that he's thinking about and trying to drive the price down, and then at the last minute he's gonna pounce on one.

If we don't do anything, hopefully nobody else does anything major either.