Jeremy Affeldt rumor

southsideirish71

From Rotoworld

Jeremy Affeldt has been in several trade rumors, most notably involving the Marlins and Diamondbacks.

The Royals reportedly asked for Carlos Quentin for Affeldt from Arizona and were shot down. Affeldt's name has also been linked to a three-team deal involving the Marlins and White Sox, where the Royals would receive either Brian Anderson or Ryan Sweeney. Jul. 31 - 9:34 am et

From the KCStar where rotoworld got it

Baird also spiked a trade rumor that suggested the Royals are involved in three-way talks to send either Jeremy Affeldt or Mike MacDougal to the Marlins in return for a top outfield prospect from the White Sox.

The deal would center on the White Sox obtaining right-hander A.J. Burnett from the Marlins. The Royals would get either Brian Anderson or Ryan Sweeney, ranked by Baseball America as the White Sox’s top two prospects.

The Diamondbacks are also believed to be aiming for Affeldt but are unwilling to

part with outfield prospect Carlos Quentin.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(knightni @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 08:54 AM)
It would kill me to give that good of a prospect to KC.

I could see him coming back and kicking our asses in 3 years.

even if we got AJ burnett? sounds a bit silly. Why would you worry about three years from now when you have a season like this today? It won't happen anyway but really if you could get AJ for one prospect, go get him.

QUOTE(knightni @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 09:43 AM)
I dunno...

Can you handle facing an All-Star/former top ex-Sox prospect 16 times a year for the next 10 years?

What is the probability of this actually happening? Quite small I'd say. I hope KW doesn't go through scenarios like this when evaluating trades.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 10:32 AM)
Affeldt is injury prone.  That would be a terrible trade.

he has that blister problem that never seems to go away. Not good for a power pitcher.

Did anyone see the close-up of the blister on Derek Lowe's thumb last night? Hideous.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 02:07 PM)
The royals are not allowed to have multiple Brian Anderson's (Brian Andersi?)

Definitely Brian Andersi!!! The bottom line is that even after trading Jeremy Reed last season, our major league and high prospects outfield is still clogged.