The AJ Pierzynski Appreciation Thread

DukeNukeEm

I cant even name a player who's been more HUGE than AJ Pierzynski. His average isnt what it usually is, but talk about getting a huge hit when we need it. The Dodgers game of course so far is the one that sticks out the most, that was just unbelievable; but last night when we were down 2.. just wow.

What an addition, he's the exact opposite of a clubhouse cancer, he's helped turn Jon Garland into an All-Star; Buehrle looks as good as he's always been. AJ is the most hard-nosed player on this team and I think without him, the Twins might just be the team leading by 13.5 games in the Central.

So lets not mention in this thread how big Pods, Mark, Jon or any of the other guys have been, because if you ask me theres a certain catcher on our team who is the MVP, and is generally underappreciated by White Sox fans.

:cheers To AJ Pierzynski

QUOTE(Ishmookie @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 04:40 PM)
i knew aj would be a solid player. his rep was a total misunderstanding. he just wants to win

I like AJP as much as the next person, but his rep was totally deserved. He was a total prick with the Twins and Giants. Nothing like the uncertainty of a multi-year contract to get someone in the proper attitude.

I don't remember him being a prick with the Twins. They said he could sometimes get on your nerves, but he never really was a problem in Minny. They just got rid of him because they had Mauer.

The Giants he was a total prick I guess you could say.

Don't matter about then though. All that matters is now and he's been great.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 11:44 AM)
I don't remember him being a prick with the Twins. They said he could sometimes get on your nerves, but he never really was a problem in Minny. They just got rid of him because they had Mauer.

The Giants he was a total prick I guess you could say.

Don't matter about then though. All that matters is now and he's been great.

To think I was ticked when Olivo was involved in the Garcia deal. Imagine the potential disaster if we had the 3 ring circus of Burke, Olivo and Davis behind the plate.

AJ made Garland a better pitcher. So, take AJ's offense plus his work with the pitching staff and AJ is my MVP (Most Valuable PickUp)

AJ has been awesome!

As far as his personality, didn't Oz have a great quote on TV or the papers teasing him a few weeks ago calling him a big baby or something?

I hope we win it all this year for many reasons, but one is it would guarantee Oz a long stay on the south side.