article Sun-times

Soxfest

That's a great article by Moronotti...to tell the whole-hearted truth. He actually hit it head on.

And as he pointed out....why didn't we take Jose Cruz Jr instead of trusting Aaron Rowand? Cruz's numbers are somewhat inflated by hitting somewhere around Bonds....but they'd be better than Rowand's, guaranteed, and we'd have better team speed and a strong lefty bat in the middle of the lineup. That would have cost us about $2.5 mill more or so. That was the worst non-move of the offseason.

I was a big advocate for the signing of Cruz, but does anyone think for a second that he would be hitting as well in our sorry line up, as he would be hitting behind Barry Bonds??? :bang

He's have better numbers than either of our 'great' CFers, I can tell you that for sure. He'd also be breaking up the righties in the middle of the order, making pitchers make adjustments.

Sad thing is....if he were hitting like .250 3 10....less than great numbers for a guy like Cruz....those would be killer numbers from our CFers combined. It truly is sad. :mellow:

Guest hotsoxchick1

I don't know what's scarier..... Botch throwing fatties to the plate or the fact that Moronotti ended this article almost exactly like I ended a post regarding the SI article pretty much word-for-word

where do ya think the moron boy gets his creative writings from most of the time..........silly boy you............we actually had a whole thread from the mlb board show up in one of his articles word for exact word... i believe the author copied it and did seek legal council for it............if i remember correctly......

I don't know what's scarier..... Botch throwing fatties to the plate or the fact that Moronotti ended this article almost exactly like I ended a post regarding the SI article pretty much word-for-word 

where do ya think the moron boy gets his creative writings from most of the time..........silly boy you............we actually had a whole thread from the mlb board show up in one of his articles word for exact word... i believe the author copied it and did seek legal council for it............if i remember correctly......

I didn't know that! When did that happen - who was involved - how did it come out?

I didn't know that! When did that happen - who was involved - how did it come out?

I'd like to hear the details on that story too.

I'd like to hear the details on that story too.

Phil Rogers also likes to recycle columns also if you watch it. He has wrote the same article about how many starting pitchers make 30 starts and have 190 innings at least 3 different ways.