BBTN special ON NOW

LosMediasBlancas

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In Reiforts blog on players other teams were demanding: I cleared it with Ken Williams, so here they are: Mark Buehrle, Jon Garland, Freddy Garcia, Damaso Marte, Aaron Rowand, Brandon McCarthy, Brian Anderson, Chris Young and Ryan Sweeney.

In Reiforts blog on players other teams were demanding: I cleared it with Ken Williams, so here they are:  Mark Buehrle, Jon Garland, Freddy Garcia, Damaso Marte, Aaron Rowand, Brandon McCarthy, Brian Anderson, Chris Young and Ryan Sweeney.

Wow, let's post this as mandatory reading for all new members (and some current members too).

Do you mean to tell me we can't just, you know, make trades because it makes sense for US ?!?!?

:D

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 03:30 PM)
Wow, let's post this as mandatory reading for all new members (and some current members too).

Do you mean to tell me we can't just, you know, make trades because it makes sense for US ?!?!?

LOL, life sucks doesn't it? I can just hear the convo now:

KW: We're interested in Huff

Lamar: Ok, we want Garland, Mccarthy and Sweeney

KW: Uh, f*** you.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 04:30 PM)

what no baj? where is the Baj? the greatest pitcher in minor league history. Nobody wants the Baj? poor Baj.

nobody talks about "the baj" except this board. Nobody.

Only one person is talking about him now.

What you are trying to impart in your own sweet way is that Baj does not have the lofty value to other teams as this board expects.

But that must be Ozzie's fault, because he has a hard on for Baj, and likes Timo's ass and Adkins is a fun guy to be around, etc, right?

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 04:36 PM)
A relief propsect without electric stuff won't be talked about much, doesn't mean he can't pitch though, cause he can.

yes your right in triple A. He will never make it at least not long term.. not happening.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 03:38 PM)
yes your right in triple A. He will never make it at least not long term.. not happening.

I'm not talkign stats, I mean the guy knows how to pitch. If he gets a shot somewhere in the majors he'll be solid imo.

QUOTE(That funky motion @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 04:20 PM)
Or makes an error! :lolhitting  :lolhitting  :lolhitting  :lolhitting

Is Kenny and Ozzie seeing things we're not comprehending . We see Gload as a future star and Ozzzie and KW refuse to keep him up long enough to prove himself. Adkins will come up and probably not start but be used in long relief era 5.58 would this be better than Bajenaru's 1.15. Burke when he was up last year he consistently hit around .300 when there was a choice of keeping him up or Davis. playboy D won they gave Davis a million like timo. I don't frankly understand. :headshake

Is Kenny and Ozzie seeing things we're not comprehending . We see Gload  as a future star and Ozzzie and KW refuse to keep him up long enough to prove himself.  Adkins will come up and probably not start but be used in long relief era  5.58    would this be better than Bajenaru's 1.15.  Burke when he was up last year he consistently hit around .300 when there was a choice of keeping him up or Davis. playboy D won they gave Davis a million like timo. I don't  frankly understand. :headshake

Well ... I definitely agree with your last sentence.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 04:37 PM)
Only one person is talking about him now.

What you are trying to impart in your own sweet way is that Baj does not have the lofty value to other teams as this board expects.

But that must be Ozzie's fault, because he has a hard on for Baj, and likes Timo's ass and Adkins is a fun guy to be around, etc, right?

What I am saying is he won't make it and its time people realize that just because you post decent numbers in triple A doesn't mean it projects to the majors. The only people talking about him, is this board. Sorry truth hurts.

What I am saying is he won't make it and its time people realize that just because you post decent numbers in triple A doesn't mean it projects to the majors. The only people talking about him, is this board. Sorry truth hurts.

Bajenaru ... hmmm ... that's not an Italian or Sicilian name, is it? You know exactly what I'm sayin', take it easy on yourself.

QUOTE(forrestg @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 04:44 PM)
Is Kenny and Ozzie seeing things we're not comprehending . We see Gload  as a future star and Ozzzie and KW refuse to keep him up long enough to prove himself.  Adkins will come up and probably not start but be used in long relief era  5.58    would this be better than Bajenaru's 1.15.  Burke when he was up last year he consistently hit around .300 when there was a choice of keeping him up or Davis. playboy D won they gave Davis a million like timo. I don't  frankly understand. :headshake

Well I do not see Gload as a future star nor do I believe he will be a regular first baseman at anytime, unless an injury occurs.

Well I do not see Gload as a future star nor do I believe he will be a regular first baseman at anytime, unless an injury occurs.

This was far too kind of a response from you, considering what you were actually thinking. :D

I wish I had something more to say than "Adkins sucks", but really, nothing more can be said.

He's had one good year in his professional career (2000). Since then, the best he's done is a 3.69 ERA. Everything else has had his ERA above four.

Calling up Adkins over Diaz/Fields/Baj/Munoz makes zero sense.

Some guys might not be feeling well, or might have just pitched and can't give the Sox a few innings over the next several days if needed. There are lots of factors at play here Keith. This is definitely not something to get upset over, he is a fill in guy just like the others are fill in guys. He will probably be here for a short time, until they can land another relief pitcher.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 04:50 PM)
I wish I had something more to say than "Adkins sucks", but really, nothing more can be said.

He's had one good year in his professional career (2000).  Since then, the best he's done is a 3.69 ERA.  Everything else has had his ERA above four.

well this may go to show that our minor league pitching system also sucks. Not much to choose from. PS Munoz will never make it either nor will diaz.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 09:53 PM)
well this may go to show that our minor league pitching system also sucks. Not much to choose from. PS Munoz will never make it either nor will diaz.

...in your opinion. I'd like to see what you were saying about Cotts last year and early this year, but I'm too lazy to look.

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 04:52 PM)
Some guys might not be feeling well, or might have just pitched and can't give the Sox a few innings over the next several days if needed.  There are lots of factors at play here Keith.  This is definitely not something to get upset over, he is a fill in guy just like the others are fill in guys.  He will probably be here for a short time, until they can land another relief pitcher.

I agree he will pitch mop up.