BBTN special ON NOW

LosMediasBlancas

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 08:30 PM)
Compared to what the Cubs had in LF, he's a major upgrade.

I wouldn't even say that. None of his stats are overwhelmingly better than Hairston's. And Hairston is probably better in the field. I think Lawton is an upgrade, but not a "major" upgrade.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 08:37 PM)
I wouldn't even say that.  None of his stats are overwhelmingly better than Hairston's.  And Hairston is probably better in the field.  I think Lawton is an upgrade, but not a "major" upgrade.

Hairston doesn't play LF! He's their CF. Lawton will be taking over for Hollandsworth, Murton, and Gerut in the outfield. I say that's a major upgrade over those guys (yes, I know Murton's average is high, but it's been all broken bats and infield hits so far).

if they screwed this up.  Wow because i swear to god i heard White Sox.

Well I hope the White Sox got him but Josh, I'm told the eyesight is the first thing to go from all that whacking off, not the hearing ...

:D

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 02:35 PM)
  Considering the reports that Moyer turned down deals to Houston and Atlanta, I can't see him accepting a deal to the Twins. 

However thats a deal that makes no sense for the M's anyway cause they have Sexson/Beltre at 1st/3rd.

That would make no sense. But that is the only mention of any Tracy deal. Plus, no mention on ESPN. I smell BS.

QUOTE(103 mph screwball @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 08:38 PM)
Didn't the Sox put out a press release that Blum only move made.  Tracy thing did not happen.  I'm not saying that Josh didn't hear it I just think it was a mistake by the radio guys.

I hope I'm wrong.

I read somewhere else that they said Tracy was on SD. That makes me think they meant Blum.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 03:38 PM)
You said you didn't know if you heard Red or White.

Which is it?  First story or second?

White Sox. What i thought might of happened is that Mike Dahl was thinking Red Sox and Said White Sox. Let's see if he says this on the next SC Update.

I don't think Josh is lying. Its on the other board as well. It may not be true, but he's just being the messenger.

Yeah, I realize he's not lying on purpose but it's damn fun putting him thru the wringer wouldn't you say? :D