BBTN special ON NOW

LosMediasBlancas

Fantastic, now I've been let down twice. I can't believe all the time I've spent going through all of these rumors (don't get me wrong, I enjoyed and appreciated the forum) for absolutely nothing to happen. It pretty much ended with Blum and Adkins.

I just hope we absolutely wreck Baltimore tonight.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 03:53 PM)
No it is not your fault.

However, sometimes posting etiquette or dare I say common sense says to say something like the following:

"The sportscenter guy just said Tracey to the White Sox ... from the Padres ... something is messed up here ... maybe I will just wait until they announce it again and report back to the thread."

OR

Maybe wait to post until you know the whole story.

The last I checked, there is no SoxTalk Door Prize for being the first one to post stuff.  Maybe it's better to accurate than speedy ...

Josh is getting the short end of the stick here. It was on WSI too. He probably didn't say anything about the Padres the first time he said it, from the looks of it. If anyone deserves to be ripped, it's the guys at the station. Josh deserves an apology.

f***ing sickening...  Adkins is garbage.  Extremely lucky pitcher last season, and now, 'cause he did decent in Spring Training, gets called up. 

Ahead of Felix Diaz.

Ahead of Arnie Munoz.

Ahead of Jeff Bajenaru.

Ahead of Josh Fields.

And Gload goes down.  So we lose our best bat off the bench. 

f***ing sickening.

Well Keith he was bad in spring training too. Just thought I'd add another log to that raging fire you've got going today. :D

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 02:54 PM)
f***ing sickening...  Adkins is garbage.  Extremely lucky pitcher last season, and now, 'cause he did decent in Spring Training, gets called up. 

Ahead of Felix Diaz.

Ahead of Arnie Munoz.

Ahead of Jeff Bajenaru.

Ahead of Josh Fields.

And Gload goes down.  So we lose our best bat off the bench. 

f***ing sickening.

He is Cotts's assbuddy too.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 03:55 PM)
Josh is getting the short end of the stick here.  It was on WSI too.  He probably didn't say anything about the Padres the first time he said it, from the looks of it.  If anyone deserves to be ripped, it's the guys at the station.  Josh deserves an apology.

Kinda sucks seein' the s*** he gets from one board spill over to another (and far superior) one...

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 03:55 PM)
Josh is getting the short end of the stick here.  It was on WSI too.  He probably didn't say anything about the Padres the first time he said it, from the looks of it.  If anyone deserves to be ripped, it's the guys at the station.  Josh deserves an apology.

shutup hippy :bang

THANK GOD WE DID NOT OVERPAY FOR ANYONE

BUT, I am so focking scared of our hitting going up against any of the AL teams come playoff times

The only silver lining is that none of the AL teams in contention did anything either

Clearly a bad market with the sellers overpricing their products

Screw Dumpa Bay

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 03:59 PM)
THANK GOD WE DID NOT OVERPAY FOR ANYONE

BUT, I am so focking scared of our hitting going up against any of the AL teams come playoff times

so you want to improve our offense but don't want to overpay for anyone?

makes 0 sense.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 02:58 PM)
Is Harris + Gload really worse than Blum + Adkins?

I know Gload + Blum is better than Adkins + Harris...  but why Gload getting sent down?  It makes zero sense.

The only way I can make sense of it is, Blum plays 1B and he's a switch-hitter. Adkins is up, so they can have an extra arm up in the pen, and the main guys won't get overworked. Plus, Ozzie likes him for some reason.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 04:00 PM)
Why do we need a bullpen arm?

My guess is to keep the key guys in the 'pen fresher.

We've been seeing an awful lot of Cotts, Politte, and Marte, along with Hermanson having back problems.

I, too, thought Gload would stay longer with Frank out.

And the new guys plays all infield positions, I believe...

Edited by SleepyWhiteSox