BBTN special ON NOW

LosMediasBlancas

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Gload thing seems to be similar to the Foulke situation a few years back, for whatever reason it seems Ozzie doesn't have much faith in Ross and because of that Kenny had to get rid of him to add another arm to the pen. I agree though that Adkins isn't the way to go. Diaz seems like a perfect fit for that role, he can eat up innings and was awesome out of the pen last year.

Now the moron just said that the Padres get Geoff Blum for a minor leaguer.

Josh, you are actually listening to SportsCenter Oriental, where everyone reads from right to left instead of left to right. Everything is backwards. :D

Well, Harris and Gload are down for a month at most. I suspect Adkins is up as an emergency contingency plan. Some of the bullpen guys arms are dragging, that's why he's here.

I would also suggest that KW is not done looking, especially for a bullpen arm and a bat.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 03:08 PM)
Well, Harris and Gload are down for a month at most.  I suspect Adkins is up as an emergency contingency plan.  Some of the bullpen guys arms are dragging, that's why he's here.

I would also suggest that KW is not done looking, especially for a bullpen arm and a bat.

It's gonna be hard to land a solid bat or reliever through waivers considering we're the last team with a shot to grab a player.

Edited by Rowand44

It's gonna be hard to land a solid bat or reliever through waivers considering we're the last team with a shot to grab a player.

Well, I think a lot of guys pass thru waivers a lot, due to contract situations and other things. There won't be as much available on the surface, but then again you will have more teams that are out of it and are more willing to move guys now while they can get something vs. the winter when the market is totally different.

I can't wait for the first time Geoff Blum strikes out, this board will be clamoring for Ross Gload ("Gload woulda drilled that pitch, f***!") or Willie Harris ("Willie woulda legged that one out, Blum sucks!"). :D

Imagine it's Christmas morning. For months, you've been hoping and praying to get all of these fun different toys. You tell all of your friends what you're getting. You put together a list of these toys for your parents so they can go out and get them for you. You even go so far as to plan on what you're going to do with each toy. You just can't wait for that one day to come, then they're all yours. It finally comes, you wake up early, and run down the stairs in your pajamas to see one big present sitting under the tree. You think to yourself, "There's only one, so this one has to be good." You tear the wrapping paper off and rip open the box. What did you get?!

Geoff Blum.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 03:16 PM)
Well, I think a lot of guys pass thru waivers a lot, due to contract situations and other things.  There won't be as much available on the surface, but then again you will have more teams that are out of it and are more willing to move guys now while they can get something vs. the winter when the market is totally different.

I can't wait for the first time Geoff Blum strikes out, this board will be clamoring for Ross Gload ("Gload woulda drilled that pitch, f***!") or Willie Harris ("Willie woulda legged that one out, Blum sucks!"). :D

Or makes an error! :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 04:18 PM)
Imagine it's Christmas morning.  For months, you've been hoping and praying to get all of these fun different toys.  You tell all of your friends what you're getting.  You put together a list of these toys for your parents so they can go out and get them for you.  You even go so far as to plan on what you're going to do with each toy.  You just can't wait for that one day to come, then they're all yours.  It finally comes, you wake up early, and run down the stairs in your pajamas to see one big present sitting under the tree.  You think to yourself, "There's only one, so this one has to be good."  You tear the wrapping paper off and rip open the box.  What did you get?!

Geoff Blum.

but you also gave away Harris and Gload. So basically you gave two pieces of s*** away as presents. Ta da. Now lets hope they find something in the waiver stocking.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 04:22 PM)
but you also gave away Harris and Gload. So basically you gave two pieces of s*** away as presents. Ta da. Now lets hope they find something in the waiver stocking.

It was a joke. Either way, I don't think teams like the A's, Angels, Twins, Yankees, and Red Sox are going to allow a bullpen arm to get to us. Maybe a hitter, but only if it's an expensive one, such as Griffey.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 04:24 PM)
It was a joke.  Either way, I don't think teams like the A's, Angels, Twins, Yankees, and Red Sox are going to allow a bullpen arm to get to us.  Maybe a hitter, but only if it's an expensive one, such as Griffey.

i know, I actually understand humor.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 03:18 PM)
Imagine it's Christmas morning.  For months, you've been hoping and praying to get all of these fun different toys.  You tell all of your friends what you're getting.  You put together a list of these toys for your parents so they can go out and get them for you.  You even go so far as to plan on what you're going to do with each toy.  You just can't wait for that one day to come, then they're all yours.  It finally comes, you wake up early, and run down the stairs in your pajamas to see one big present sitting under the tree.  You think to yourself, "There's only one, so this one has to be good."  You tear the wrapping paper off and rip open the box.  What did you get?!

Geoff Blum.

Wow lol, thanks for the laugh on a non-eventful afternoon.