BBTN special ON NOW

LosMediasBlancas

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he blows, get over it, he is not getting another chance. Stop yourself.

If the White Sox have clinched in Sept. and after the Knights season is over, Bajenaru will get some innings as a test case. And then he will either show the Sox he's worth hanging onto for a bullpen role, or he'll be trade bait.

He is an asset, no one really knows how much. His role is as an insurance guy, and to rest some arms in Sept. if this big lead holds up.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 05:03 PM)
8.1 IP is not a chance.

Am I the only one who was impressed with Baj last year?? He got hit a bit but everything was a little bloop or a seeing eye single. Yeesh, give up on a guy after 8 innings. The guy can pitch, period. He'll get a chance somewhere eventually and he'll prove himself.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 10:10 PM)
Ozzie simply wanted another pitcher, and as JimH pointed out, a guy who could pitch mutiple innings.  The off days are very few in the coming weeks. A reserve player had to be sent down. So they got Blum, because he can play where Willie and Gload play, and is a switch hitter. As far as I could tell the White Sox have done quite well without Ross Gload in the line-up this year. I can also remember they would probably have another victory if Ross Gload would have stayed in Charlotte this season. Could you imagine the outrage on this board if KW packaged Gload and Baj in a deal? People, they aren't that good.

This is the same organization that didn't think Chad Bradford was very good either. Don't worry, this is no judgement whatsoever of the Olivo/Bradford trade, I'm just saying that I'm not going to exactly trust their judgement just because...

Gload isn't a great player. But, for the league minimum, he's a damn good player. He's hit everywhere he's been, and when given some AB's last season, he did well. Something like a 115 OPS+. Having him off the bench to pinch run for Konerko, ala Saturday vs. Baltimore, is much more important than having a 12th guy in the bullpen.

Vizcaino has proven that he can give you three innings (crappily, but whatever), but it's extremely poor judgement to give a guy with a 5.80 ERA (or around there) a shot over two other guys who have better stats, pitching in the same conditions.

And, even though Gload made a bad defensive play at first -- one play isn't going to cloud my judgement -- and he's still better defensively at first than anyone on our rosters. One play isn't going to cloud my judgement. No -- Konerko and him are there, because I don't think I've seen a player as good as Konerko at picking balls out of the dirt.

But Gload's value to the roster is, and will be (or would have been) much greater to the roster than Adkins'.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 09:07 PM)
Am I the only one who was impressed with Baj last year??  He got hit a bit but everything was a little bloop or a seeing eye single.  Yeesh, give up on a guy after 8 innings.  The guy can pitch, period.  He'll get a chance somewhere eventually and he'll prove himself.

:notworthy