BBTN special ON NOW

LosMediasBlancas

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 07:33 PM)
That's interesting.  I have a feeling Vizcaino would be sent down or even traded then.

Vizcaino has been pitching pretty good lately. I doubt they'd send him down right when he appears to be getting his s*** together.

I can't give up yet. Hopefully this is what happened.

KW: Bruce, do me a favor and report that I'm done for the day. The D-rays won't budge and I need to put a scare into them

Bruce: I don't know Kenny....

KW: It's the truth, unless they come down on their price. I'll give you the scoop on the next trade!

Bruce: What the hell.

Adkins sucks.

Jeff Bajenaru, along with killing innocent babies, kicks puppies too.  And kittens.  And then he spits on them.  That's what I'm hearing.

Keith, Baj has been having dizzy spells over the past week, he is not 100%, nor is he equipped to throw multiple innings. There is no conspiracy theory going on here.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 02:35 PM)
Adkins sucks.

Jeff Bajenaru, along with killing innocent babies, kicks puppies too.  And kittens.  And then he spits on them.  That's what I'm hearing.

not the Baj crap again, please not the Baj threads. God I hope they trade Baj so I wouldn't have to hear all the teenagers rave about the Baj.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 07:36 PM)
Keith, Baj has been having dizzy spells over the past week, he is not 100%, nor is he equipped to throw multiple innings.  There is no conspiracy theory going on here.

The Sox need a long man right now. It's been pointless to have to waste Cotts in this role. It's a smart move.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 07:36 PM)
Keith, Baj has been having dizzy spells over the past week, he is not 100%, nor is he equipped to throw multiple innings.  There is no conspiracy theory going on here.

So, instead of having a guy who can throw one inning well, we call up a guy who can throw three s***ty innings?

Alrighty then.

It's bulls***. Good numbers don't mean squat. Baj deserves his shot. Adkins sucks.

I've looked into some verification on the Adkins thing.  We'll see.  Makes zero sense to me, unless someone is going to the DL.  Even then I'm sick to my stomach.  BAJ >>>>> Adkins

Jason it's all about the role. The arms are taxed, they need a guy who can throw multiple innings if necessary. That guy is not Jeff B.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 11:34 AM)
Guillen said he wanted to bring in a bullpen guy from the minors, I suspect with the addition of Blum you will see Harris and Gload optioned out.

Unless something else pops before the deadline.

The Adkins call up is not confirmed but the charlotteknights guy at WSI is either close to the team or employed by them, he is always spot on.

Ya, he's a pretty good source on the most part. I've heard a little on Adkins, but it will be interesting to see for sure.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 07:38 PM)
Jason it's all about the role.  The arms are taxed, they need a guy who can throw multiple innings if necessary.  That guy is not Jeff B.

What about Arnie Munoz?

He's doing MUCH better than Adkins, pitching in the same tiny ballpark.

Adkins has a f***ing 5.58 ERA. He sucks. He's giving up a homer every six innings. He doesn't strike a lot of guys out, showing he's not fooling anyone at AAA.

I'm just pissed in general, so I hope you don't think I'm pissed at you.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 07:40 PM)
What about Arnie Munoz? 

Adkins has a f***ing 5.58 ERA.  He sucks.  He's giving up a homer every six innings.  He doesn't strike a lot of guys out, showing he's not fooling anyone at AAA.

Hell, i'd take Arnie Palmer over Adkins right now.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 01:40 PM)
What about Arnie Munoz? 

Adkins has a f***ing 5.58 ERA.  He sucks.  He's giving up a homer every six innings.  He doesn't strike a lot of guys out, showing he's not fooling anyone at AAA.

I'd rather call up Munoz or Diaz to come out of the pen than Adkins

So, instead of having a guy who can throw one inning well, we call up a guy who can throw three s***ty innings?

Alrighty then. 

It's bulls***.  Good numbers don't mean squat.  Baj deserves his shot.  Adkins sucks.

Keith, take a breath. You are smarter than this. Bajenaru is not healthy right now. Some of their guys have their arms falling off, it is just a filler move for a short period of time, that's all. It has nothing to do with preference, it's just a role that needs filling temporarily.

QUOTE(ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 01:44 PM)
I'd rather call up Munoz or Diaz to come out of the pen than Adkins

Diaz, that's the guy it should be if they want a long reliever. He pitched very well out of the bullpen last year and can eat up some innings.