BBTN special ON NOW

LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 02:44 PM)
NO ONE has made a deal, but I've heard Bo Sox and twins 5 times already.

I think thats because those guys are centered on trading and are closer to the race. We are 13 games up, with the best record, we are running away with it. nothing to say.

Separate note: I am very surprised Tampa has not traded there guys yet, lamar is indeed nuts.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 07:44 PM)
Keith, take a breath.  You are smarter than this.  Bajenaru is not healthy right now.  Some of their guys have their arms falling off, it is just a filler move for a short period of time, that's all.  It has nothing to do with preference, it's just a role that needs filling temporarily.

Fine, Jim, not Baj. What about Diaz or Munoz? Both doing much better than Adkins, and Diaz has been coming off an injury.

Adkins isn't good. Not one bit.

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 07:46 PM)
How can we be tied to every single major trade rumor and come away with nothing but Geoff Blum.  I'm not pissed at KW, but God damn it I am sorely disappointed.

The reason? Nobody that is available is worth the asking price. I'd be upset, but right now, there are 29 other teams that aren't doing a lot of improving either.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 02:46 PM)
How can we be tied to every single major trade rumor and come away with nothing but Geoff Blum.  I'm not pissed at KW, but God damn it I am sorely disappointed.

me too, but there is no doubt the asking price might have been too high.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 02:48 PM)
Rumors are exactly what they are,  rumors.

Thanks, I didn't know that. My point is that, for a month, we were tied to every possibly deal out there. This deal's almost done, this one's gonna be done in by _____ day. It's really f***ing disappointing, no matter what you say, to have absolutely none of them come through.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 02:48 PM)
Fine, Jim, not Baj.  What about Diaz or Munoz?  Both doing much better than Adkins, and Diaz has been coming off an injury. 

Adkins isn't good.  Not one bit.

Well Ozzie liked adkins in spring training and probably promised him something. all I can think of.

I don't know what's worse...people cranky about not doing anything major or people cranky about trading prospects away.

Just kidding guys, but it's fun to watch the conversation going on. :P

But in all seriousness, this isn't the end of being able to adjust our team...many good players get dealt in the waiver period (take larry walker last year for example).

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 02:58 PM)
I've got to admit.  This is very demoralizing.  I promised myself I wouldn't get my hopes up,  but that was almost impossible to do with all the constant rumors and such.  I know one thing,  I'll never allow myself to get even half way excited about a trade deadline from this point on.

That's exactly what I was saying.

I'm gonna go pick a fight with a kid in a wheelchair.