BBTN special ON NOW

LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 03:07 PM)
He's an absolutely horrid GM.

there was an OTL episode like a month ago that was all about how horrible he is and how the fans are trying to overthrow him.

My god, what a terrible GM, how does he not do anything w/ all these offers?

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 03:07 PM)
He's an absolutely horrid GM.

No s***, I mean he started Baez negotiations with the Mets by asking for wright or reyes. GMAFB. Then he turns it into Petit and another minor leaguer? GMAFB. Asking for Morneau to START Huff negotiations? GMAFB. Seriously, trying to hold everyone in baseball by the balls and have nothing to show for it HAS to be the last straw even though the Devil Rays owners probably don't give a damn.

You know Kenny and fact of the matter other teams weren't willing to make deals. Nothing you can do about it.

Olney said Kenny was willing to deal McCarthy for anyone he felt made the Sox a World Series competitor.

Fact of the matter is, none of the other playoff rivals have done anything as of yet.

Cubs acquire Matt Lawton.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 03:10 PM)
You know Kenny and fact of the matter other teams weren't willing to make deals.  Nothing you can do about it. 

Olney said Kenny was willing to deal McCarthy for anyone he felt made the Sox a World Series competitor. 

Fact of the matter is, none of the other playoff rivals have done anything as of yet. 

Yes I hope they paid alot for him as well.

I know I'll get strung up for this, but with all the talk of Sosa being outrighted...you think he's an option? Personally I don't think the stats he could put up would justify the negativity he'd bring, but when we're talking waiver transactions Sosa is probably a prime example of the type of guy we'd be able to pickup at that point.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 08:10 PM)
You know Kenny and fact of the matter other teams weren't willing to make deals.  Nothing you can do about it. 

How did Hendry rip off the Pirates now?

Relax people...this is the club with the best record in baseball. Boston, Anaheim, Oakland..the rest of the division leaders have yet to make a major deal (Boston may acquire Romero).

GMAFB...Kenny wasn't gonna drastically overpay and there weren't any options.

QUOTE(Fotop @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 08:13 PM)
I know I'll get strung up for this, but with all the talk of Sosa being outrighted...you think he's an option? Personally I don't think the stats he could put up would justify the negativity he'd bring, but when we're talking waiver transactions Sosa is probably a prime example of the type of guy we'd be able to pickup at that point.

:puke :puke :puke :puke :puke :puke :puke :puke :puke :puke :puke :puke :puke :puke :puke :puke :puke :puke

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 03:14 PM)
Cubs are getting reamed 9-2.  They won't catch the Astros.  Let them rip off the Pirates.

just went on the cubs messageboard.

They're absolutely furious this is all they did at the deadline.

:lol:

they got no shot at the playoffs, way too incosistent.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 02:15 PM)
no but he will help the bullpen with Reitsma being the closer.  The braves bullpen wasn't that great so they needed to get help.

Farnsworth was pitching fantastic for Detroit, he's gonna be an absolute stud for Atlanta.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 03:13 PM)
Relax people...this is the club with the best record in baseball.  Boston, Anaheim, Oakland..the rest of the division leaders have yet to make a major deal (Boston may acquire Romero). 

GMAFB...Kenny wasn't gonna drastically overpay and there weren't any options.

I don't think anyone is pissed at KW. Everyone's pissed at the situation. Tied to 500 rumors, get Geoff Blum. That's plenty to be pissed at, bad market or not.