BBTN special ON NOW

LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 03:13 PM)
GMAFB...Kenny wasn't gonna drastically overpay and there weren't any options.

Totally agree Jason, I'm friggin' proud of KW for not caving to these f***ing carnival GMs (Littlefield, Lamar, Bavasi, etc). They're all looking for a ridiculous edge when all they have to give is a damn Dr. Seuss hat as their prize. /carnivalcomparison :P

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 02:13 PM)
Relax people...this is the club with the best record in baseball.  Boston, Anaheim, Oakland..the rest of the division leaders have yet to make a major deal (Boston may acquire Romero). 

GMAFB...Kenny wasn't gonna drastically overpay and there weren't any options.

Yo Jason. Just wanted to say thanks for creating this cool forum. I liked it. I assume it's coming down after today?

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 08:17 PM)
Ripping off the Pirates for Matt Lawton?  I'd be surprised if they got much of anything for him.  He's nothing to get excited about.

I heard it's for Jody Gerut. You gotta love the Cubs minor league team coming back to help out their team again. I do hate Matt Lawton though....always seemed like an asshole.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 12:16 PM)
I don't think anyone is pissed at KW.  Everyone's pissed at the situation.  Tied to 500 rumors, get Geoff Blum.  That's plenty to be pissed at, bad market or not.

No, there isn't. If other teams aren't willing to make a deal you can't get pissed at Kenny. Afterall, this team has the best record in baseball and while they aren't playin as good as they have as of late, they are still a very very good ball club.

If you can get into the post-season anything can happen. I got faith in my Sox :drink

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 03:15 PM)
just went on the cubs messageboard.

They're absolutely furious this is all they did at the deadline.

:lol:

they got no shot at the playoffs, way too incosistent.

My question is "How could the Pirates allow Jim Hendry to rape them year after year? My gosh, Gerut for Lawton! Are you nuts Pirates????

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 12:17 PM)
Ripping off the Pirates for Matt Lawton?  I'd be surprised if they got much of anything for him.  He's nothing to get excited about.

Jody Gerut is a good player. I like that deal for the Pirates. Give him every day playing time and I think the Pirates will be quite pleased. He hasn't been as good this year as he was last year, but he's a good player.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 08:19 PM)
Jody Gerut is a good player.  I like that deal for the Pirates.  Give him every day playing time and I think the Pirates will be quite pleased.  He hasn't been as good this year as he was last year, but he's a good player.

Gerut's not the same player that he was before the injury. I haven't been impressed with him at all this year.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 08:18 PM)
I heard it's for Jody Gerut.  You gotta love the Cubs minor league team coming back to help out their team again.  I do hate Matt Lawton though....always seemed like an asshole.

As somebody said earlier, Matt Lawton isn't a move that'll put you over the top. He's decent, but not a difference maker.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 12:17 PM)
Yo Jason. Just wanted to say thanks for creating this cool forum.  I liked it.  I assume it's coming down after today?

I think we'll keep it up during the waiver period...than it will maybe turn more into a speculation forum. I'm not sure what we'll do in the off-season with it. Part of me thinks thats what PHT really is during the off-season, however, if people want we could continue to have this sort of forum (in the off-sason for rumored players the club is after, as well as people giving their ideas on off-season moves they'd like to see get made).

Basically put, when August 31st rolls around we'll look at everyones feedback and if you guys/gals want to keep it open, it'll be open :)

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 12:20 PM)
Gerut's not the same player that he was before the injury.  I haven't been impressed with him at all this year.

And keeping Matt Lawton was gonna help the Pirates? The Pirates can give Gerut playing time and he'll get hit timing back and you'll see him improve. This is a solid move.

Lawton isn't a god or something.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 08:19 PM)
Lawton is pretty average.

Outside of his .380 obp, he has nothing to really make up for his poor defense.

Not many good teams would have a place for him.

SB

Outside of his .380 OBP? That's 7th in the NL. He's exactly what they needed at the top of their order and in LF.