When it rains it pours

elrockinMT

What's up with the umpiring. We have lost a number of calls, which weren't even that close. Crede lost a homer, which turned the tide of the game; we lost the call Sat at 2nd base, which led to another three runs and basically crushed us; and there have been more.

Is it just bad luck or is the umpiring not as sharp? Also it always seems to go against us.

I didn't think there was a bad call at 2nd yesterday -

but I have no doubt a few calls have gone against us because on fans attacking umps -

and the Crede missed call was horrendous, no excuse

The guy at 2nd was obviously out. Umps do make mistakes, though.

which inning, which play?

I usually mark my scorecard when I disagree with the ump and I don;'t have anything marked

I THINK it was yesterday, when the ball knocked jose over and he threw to jimenez, who clearly stepped on the bag before the runner. Who cares though, lol. We would have gotten spanked either way.

no replay at the games -

if that was Bloomquist batting in the 2nd, Winn at first,

I thought the runner, Winn, looked safe - the guy down the row thought he was out - the friend I was with wanted replay -

and I thought Jose did a good job on stopping the ball from going through the infied and I am not usuallly kind to Jose in scoring matters...

the other day (and I forget which game but it had to have been on WGN) we got a real gift double play when no one came close to touching 2nd base... maybe that was the make up call maybe but from where I sat it didn't look that close but maybe from different angles it looked different, very, very possible -

but then we walked Boone and then Daubach horribly misplayed a single into a triple - so as you say, it made no difference -

I don't think we are going too get many calls for a while until we find a way to make it up to the umps for the fans on the field -

no replay at the games -

if that was Bloomquist batting in the 2nd, Winn at first,

I thought the runner, Winn, looked safe - the guy down the row thought he was out - the friend I was with wanted replay -

and I thought Jose did a good job on stopping the ball from going through the infied and I am not usuallly kind to Jose in scoring matters...

the other day (and I forget which game but it had to have been on WGN) we got a real gift double play when no one came close to touching 2nd base... maybe that was the make up call maybe but from where I sat it didn't look that close but maybe from different angles it looked different, very, very possible -

but then we walked Boone and then Daubach horribly misplayed a single into a triple - so as you say, it made no difference -

I don't think we are going too get many calls for a while until we find a way to make it up to the umps for the fans on the field -

Well it took the slow motion replay to see it, but the ump was right there. The runner was clearly out, on the replay. Even the Mariner broadcasters said so....

What's up with the umpiring. We have lost a number of calls, which weren't even that close. Crede lost a homer, which turned the tide of the game; we lost the call Sat at 2nd base, which led to another three runs and basically crushed us; and there have been more.

Is it just bad luck or is the umpiring not as sharp? Also it always seems to go against us.

Bad or questionable calls are magnified when teams are losing. If the Sox were on a six game sinning streak, you'd have forgotten about any bad calls, especially ones like yesterday that had no bearing on the outcome.

When you are struggling, every call, every at bat, every blown save, everything is magnified.

Bad or questionable calls are magnified when teams are losing. If the Sox were on a six game sinning streak, you'd have forgotten about any bad calls, especially ones like yesterday that had no bearing on the outcome.

When you are struggling, every call, every at bat, every blown save, everything is magnified.

Yeah and also i think its got to do with karma. I mean when you dont put out much effort, the breaks are going to go against ya.

\

Well it took the slow motion replay to see it, but the ump was right there.  The runner was clearly out, on the replay.  Even the Mariner broadcasters said so....

and reading Baggio's posts I think i am talking about the wrong play! If the play you refer to was the one in the 4th - I was talkiing about a diffeent play, that one I had nop idea on, we were so out of it -

thanks for the insight though, I have marked my scorecard with a post game notation -

someday 30 years from now my grandson will be on these forums b****ing about that call after reading my old scorecards! :lol:

If the Sox were on a six game sinning streak, you'd have forgotten about any bad calls, especially ones like yesterday that had no bearing on the outcome. 

What do you mean if, the Sox have been on a sinning streak for over a month. I mean playing this bad has to be a sin doesn't it. :D