• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Viz gets him to fish!

Nice K, and way to back Mark up!

And FWIW, I also think it was a good team thing to do. You can't let guys get plunked without any retaliation. It's not a part of the game I necessarily agree with, but it IS a part of the game.

QUOTE(ceffa2000 @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 01:28 PM)
Is there any way they can appeal the ejection?  Is there a rule that a warning has to be issued or is the umpire's discretion?

Umpires discretion... which is bulls***. I don't think one man should have the chance to change the outcome of the game in the matter of seconds.

QUOTE(Wanne @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 01:27 PM)
AMEN...f*** the personal accolades. streaks, etc...

GMAFB... the first thing out of nearly every poster in this thread was "bulls***.. there goes the streak..." not "yea.. way to go Mark!!"

Don't tell me the streak is not of concern.. it's in black and white in this thread. :rolly

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 01:28 PM)
Apparently. So if that's the case you all can stop giving me s*** about my opinion on this matter.

Disagreeing with you is not giving you s***. Some may have. I didn't pay that close attention. But just to have a difference of opinion and discuss it is not disrespecting you.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 01:30 PM)
GMAFB... the first thing out of nearly every poster in this thread was "bulls***.. there goes the streak..." not "yea.. way to go Mark!!"

Don't tell me the streak is not of concern.. it's in black and white in this thread.  :rolly

I agree. The streak was of concern. We all hated to see it snapped and that was the first thing on our minds. But after considerable reflection .... :)

The most disturbing thing about what the ump did was that Surhoff had no problem with Buehrle hitting him. He just trotted down to first base with his head down. I think if you ask most of the Orioles players they will say it was wrong to. Their was no warning given and especially when Iguchi was hit yesterday the Sox didn't retaliate. f*** YOU UMP!

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 12:23 PM)
So be it. I don't. Not when the streak is on the line if he or Ozzie cared about it. He could have waited one more inning. No sympathy from me.

So you put your meaningless 6 inning streak ahead of your teammates health who have been drilled two straight days? That's devoid of logic, period, as well as arrogant.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 01:30 PM)

Don't tell me the streak is not of concern.. it's in black and white in this thread.  :rolly

The streak is a concern to the stat-heads on this site, and that's about it. As far as Mark is concerned, making sure his teammates don't have bullseyes on their backs is more important than how many innings he pitches.