Monday Matinee Game Thread 8-1-05

aboz56

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 12:52 PM)
Ozzie needs to realize Timo is not a leadoff hitter....

I mean what manager in his right mind would pick the slowest, worst hitter on the team and put him right at the top....

If we lose then this game is on Ozzie for having Timo lead off...

If you look at the lineup, he makes the batting order based on the positions that they play. Hence Timo, then Pablo

QUOTE(Pale Hose Jon @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 12:56 PM)
I was wondering if i had just imagined that.

Haha yeah, he was showing two outs and then for some reason flicked Crede or Uribe off. He was acting like there was one out and used his middle finger to show the INFs.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 12:57 PM)
7 of the 9 guys in the lineup are regulars, I wouldn't constitute that as the "s*** line-up".

When there's more than one scrub in the game, I refer to that as the s*** line-up. Besides, no reason Timo should be leading off with Ozuna behind him. Those two will see a maximum of 5 pitches between them.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 12:59 PM)
When there's more than one scrub in the game, I refer to that as the s*** line-up.  Besides, no reason Timo should be leading off with Ozuna behind him.  Those two will see a maximum of 5 pitches between them.

I don't know if you've been watching the game today, but Timo is working the count. He took a 2-0 pitch right down the middle and worked the count full. Stop complaining.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 11:59 AM)
When there's more than one scrub in the game, I refer to that as the s*** line-up.  Besides, no reason Timo should be leading off with Ozuna behind him.  Those two will see a maximum of 5 pitches between them.

Timo has walked and anoother at bat grounded out on a full count. I , Don't like Timo but hes taking pitches today.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 12:59 PM)

We all know by now that you are a great manager and would won have 15 to 20 more games with this team.

Edited by YASNY

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 11:59 AM)

Ozuna just had a 9 pitch at bat. ;)

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 01:01 PM)
I don't know if you've been watching the game today, but Timo is working the count. He took a 2-0 pitch right down the middle and worked the count full. Stop complaining.

I can't see the game since I'm at work. I'm just going by what these guys usually do. Timo and Ozuna are usually first pitch swinging type of guys. Plus, we don't score many runs when more bench players are in. It's not like I'm making things up.