Timo: Clubhouse Favorite?

AddisonStSox

The never-ending Timo saga continues:

After watching the game on ESPN last night and seeing how all the guys in the dugout were goofing around and laughing with Timo, I got to thinking. Everytime the Sox are either in the lead or in the midst of a boring game, it seems Timo is always the one providing laughs in the dugout. Whether it's with the latino players or not, he always seems to be the life of the party. In my opinion, you needs guys like that in the clubhouse. If Timo is really a much bigger part of the "chemisty" off the field than he is on the field, that may justify keeping him on the bench. We have one of the more latino-influenced clubhouses in the bigs and for them, Timo may be "one of the guys."

Of course, this is all speculation, but, something to think about. If he can come in and spell the outfielder, get the "clutch" hit, and rest the legs of some of the regulars, while being one of the clubhouse favorites, I have no problem with the guy taking one of the roster spots on the 25-man.

Thoughts?

It's somewhat on the same topic, but people were ripping into Joe Crede a lot earlier in the season. He's had a pretty respectable season up to now. I've seen a couple places that Joe's one of the funniest guys in the clubhouse. I bet a lot of the Sox players consider that to be just as important to as what he does on the field.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 10:04 AM)
It's somewhat on the same topic, but people were ripping into Joe Crede a lot earlier in the season.  He's had a pretty respectable season up to now.  I've seen a couple places that Joe's one of the funniest guys in the clubhouse.  I bet a lot of the Sox players consider that to be just as important to as what he does on the field.

Bingo: Crede is supposed to be one of the funniest guys in the clubhouse. I mean, c'mon, take one look at him, it's not that far-fetched. :lol:

Crede and Timo are White Sox regulars. Period.

The same can be said of Jon Adkins. As Bruce Levine, Ozzie, and others have reported, Adkins was one of the most well-liked guys in the clubhouse in 04'. Whether guys like Baj have stats that merit a shot in the bigs or not, Ozzie, Kenny, and co. are going to get guys on the roster that they think will contribute on and off the field. I'm not one for "chemistry," but have bought into it as of late.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 10:24 AM)
They did seem to be having a pretty good time on saturday.  They showed the show of us dancing in our Dugout, then the O's just sitting there silent in theirs.  Pretty big difference maker IMO

During yesterdays game it sure seemed like everyone was having a good time on the field. Uribe, Tejada, Dye, Roberts, Konerko and Palmeiro were all exchanging laughs on the basepaths. It probably had something to do with the 9-1 early lead but they were all smiles for most of the game.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 11:29 AM)
During yesterdays game it sure seemed like everyone was having a good time on the field. Uribe, Tejada, Dye, Roberts, Konerko and Palmeiro were all exchanging laughs on the basepaths. It probably had something to do with the 9-1 early lead but they were all smiles for most of the game.

Looked to me like Tejada was pissed. His team is sinking quickly.

QUOTE(the People's Champ @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 04:05 PM)
He'll get over it once hes  cruising in that nice new Vette of his this offseason

Vette...??? :huh

I'm sure he'll choose the convertable Jag instead.

I've been one of the few that thinks people have been a little too hard on Timo. I don't think he's great or anything more than an average player at best, but he's got some big hits over the past few years. For a backup outfielder, I think he's been alright.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 04:07 PM)
Vette...???  :huh

I'm sure he'll choose the convertable Jag instead.

as in the vette he got for being the all-star mvp

wait...........did I just become the 3rd person to misunderstand you today??? :banghead

Edited by the People's Champ

QUOTE(the People's Champ @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 05:07 PM)
as in the vette he got for being the all-star mvp

wait...........did I just become the 3rd person to misunderstand you today??? :banghead

Since you probably aren't aware, he's driving a Jag.. not a Vette.

Are you being a smart ass..?

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 06:07 PM)
Since you probably aren't aware, he's driving a Jag.. not a Vette.

Are you being a smart ass..?

No he won a Corvette at the All Star game for being the MVP that is the reason for my earlier post. I thought you were being sarcastic in your reply so i edited my reply, but apparently you werent. my bad

QUOTE(the People's Champ @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 06:15 PM)
No he won a Corvette at the All Star game for being the MVP that is the reason for my earlier post.  I thought you were being sarcastic in your reply so i edited my reply, but apparently you werent.  my bad

I had no idea. Don't pay enough attention to those things.