Rafael Palmeiro

Pods70Rowand33

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balance @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 01:45 PM)
That hurts the whole "first-ballot hall of famer" campaign that's been going on in the sports media lately....

I don't really see why.

Just because he has been caught doesn't mean anything. I am willing to bet through out the years 50% or more of the players in baseball have cheated one way or another at some point in there career. That percentage is probally much higher higher actually. Wether it was steroids, corked bat, pine tar, spit balls, giving the signs to the batter from second ( unwritten rule that you are not suppose to), vaseline ball aka... an illegal pitch in which petroleum jelly or hair dressing is applied to the ball...other kind of drug enhancements... the list goes on.

I am glad he got caught but i realistically don't see it hurting him much in the long run when it comes to the hall of fame.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 09:57 AM)
Acording to the Baltimore Sun, whom he met with prior to the game, he is not appealing it.

According to this ESPN piece an appeal was already conducted by the player's association before the public test and the suspension was made public.

Doesn't that raise your confidence in the testing program, that they conducted an appeal without telling us?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 03:57 PM)
According to this ESPN piece an appeal was already conducted by the player's association before the public test and the suspension was made public.

Doesn't that raise your confidence in the testing program, that they conducted an appeal without telling us?

I'm OK with him being allowed to state his case before his career is tarnished.

But does it really matter now? It's out there. Let the chips fall...

QUOTE(qwerty @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 04:04 PM)
Why are so many people shocked by this?

Finding out your girlfriend has a penis... now that is shocking.

Finding out palmeiro takes steroids... not as shocking.

I think it's not a shock so much as it is finally the bombshell markee player getting nabbed just like we all anticipated would eventually happen.

When you add in:

• the timing of the story, right after Palmiero reaches the 3,000/500 plateau

• his 'Never Never NEVER' testimony before Congress

• the accusation by Canseco that he personally injected Raffy's ass and Palmiero's eearlier dismissal of that as a lie, and the new legs this that story will get now that it's going to come down to 'knowingly' juicing...

It becomes a big story.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 04:16 PM)
I think it's not a shock so much as it is finally the bombshell markee player getting nabbed just like we all anticipated would eventually happen.

When you add in:

• the timing of the story, right after Palmiero reaches the 3,000/500 plateau

• his 'Never Never NEVER' testimony before Congress

• the accusation by Canseco that he personally injected Raffy's ass and Palmiero's eearlier dismissal of that as a lie, and the new legs this that story will get now that it's going to come down to 'knowingly' juicing...

It becomes a big story.

:huh:

All this just makes Frank Thomas look so much better. When they go to vote on Thomas for the hall of fame i hope they look back at all these guys getting busted and than look at Hurt and realize how good he really is.

F palmerio, Giambi, Big mac, Sosa, . Fn' cheats!!!!