Rafael Palmeiro

Pods70Rowand33

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 12:29 PM)
Is Barry Bonds subject to testing this year?

I'm still one of those conspiracy theorist who thinks Bonds is merely serving a suspension and not really hurt that has been portreyed to the public that way to save face of MLB....kind of like the theorists who thought the same about Jordan when he missed the '94 season due to his links to gambling!

[ correct me if I am wrong I can't seem to source it but did this test take place on July 7th this would be before his 3000 hit. If that would've been true would the orioles have that big 3000 hit sign on the camden yards building.

Sources say the test was administered the last week of June...

correct me if I am wrong I can't seem to source it but did this test take place on July 7th this would be before his 3000 hit. If that would've been true would the orioles have that big 3000 hit sign on the camden yards building.

Sources say the test was administered the last week of June...

I just read where MLB knew about the positive test at the time of #3000 and RP was going through the hearing and arbitrator process before it could be made public.

Edited by YASNY

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 07:31 AM)
Yea, but a LOT less likely to be tested.  And even if random, the "random" won't get Barroid this year.

Kap.. being on the DL has nothing to do with being tested. You can bet they tested Bonds. Bank on it.

So to all those who read Canseco's book and stated he's being honest and have no reason not to believe him, do you agree with his current standpoint that Palmeiro is clean right now? That Palmeiro was set up by MLB? Or do you only believe Canseco when it makes you look most credible?

QUOTE(3E8 @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 08:17 AM)
So to all those who read Canseco's book and stated he's being honest and have no reason not to believe him, do you agree with his current standpoint that Palmeiro is clean right now?  That Palmeiro was set up by MLB?  Or do you only believe Canseco when it makes you look most credible?

Jose did not say for a fact MLB set him up.. he said it's a possibility. And I agree anything is a possibility.. but IMO, not likely.

It is a full moon today or what..? An awful lot of pot stirring going on around here..

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 08:28 AM)
Jose did not say for a fact MLB set him up.. he said it's a possibility. And I agree anything is a possibility.. but IMO, not likely.

"I definitely do not believe that Rafael is using steroids right now. In the past, he has, but not right now"

How is it just a possibility if Palmeiro is "definitely" not doing steriods? Test error?

I just want to know if everyone who was forming their opinions of Palmeiro based on what Canseco said agree that he is definitely not using steriods right now.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 08:55 AM)
"I definitely do not believe that Rafael is using steroids right now. In the past, he has, but not right now"

How is it just a possibility if Palmeiro is "definitely" not doing steriods?  Test error?

I just want to know if everyone who was forming their opinions of Palmeiro based on what Canseco said agree that he is definitely not using steriods right now.

No, I do not agree with Jose's current OPINION..

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 08:28 AM)
It is a full moon today or what..?

I don't know, but it would explain all the idiots I encountered on the road today. I knew it was going to be a rough drive in when I stopped to let a semi make a left turn and a guy behind me decided he was going to cut the semi off and nearly hit a car head on avoiding the semi.

:wacko: