Takatsu is released!

S720

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is Shingo Takatsu's legacy to me.

Here's a guy in his late 30's, when he should have been thinking about retirement, he instead thought "Eh, I'll play a few years in America." So he came to America, and despite a horrible Spring Training, makes the team.

Promptly, he becomes more than just a man. He becomes a phenomenon. When that video came on, when that gong went off, the entire stadium stood up. Standing ovations of the type I haven't seen even for home runs. And that was before he even got a single out.

Hidden perfect game, save after save, the results piled up.

You want to know the most beautiful moment of the 2004 season for me? July 24, 2004. Shingotime shuts down the Tigers for the last White Sox win before their final slide. On my way down to the parking lot, I see this little kid. He's maybe 10 years old. This kid had taken a white undershirt and, with a magic marker, wrote "Takatsu" and "10" on the back. That's the beauty of baseball.

Shingo Takatsu will always have a special place in my heart.

This saddens me. I boguht 2 of his cards, quite expensive, because I knew he was goging to stay in Charlotte. I also hav his jersey. IMO, Shingo > Adkins. I don't like the move but he will remain one of my favorite Sox of all-time. I wish him luck and I hope someone signs him and he PWNS.

GONG!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(S720 @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 02:54 PM)
Should the Sox win the World Series, is Shingo entitled for a ring?  I wish he could.

If he dosent thats BS seeing that he was part of this team for more then have the season. Maybe Shingo will go back to japan and continue his succesful career there.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 03:33 PM)
If you played for the team at any point that season,  yes,  you get a ring.

Not true. He would have to be voted a share and a ring by the players. Just like Nomar last year.

QUOTE(spiderman @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 03:43 PM)
I wonder if his agent asked for a release after the Sox brought up Adkins....Maybe Shingo and the agent were thinking a call-up would be possible, but the Adkins move may have shown them how fall he had fallen in the organization.

they couldn't call him up because i'm pretty sure you have to spend 10 days in the minors if you have been demoted before you can be called up. I remember hearing about it and that the only exception is an injury.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 03:45 PM)
they couldn't call him up because i'm pretty sure you have to spend 10 days in the minors if you have been demoted before you can be called up.  I remember hearing about it and that the only exception is an injury.

Yeah, I think you are correct now that you bring it up....

Still something must have happened for this to have happened.

QUOTE(spiderman @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 03:47 PM)
Yeah, I think you are correct now that you bring it up....

Still something must have happened for this to have happened.

i really don't think this was the right move. I'm sorry but why not give him a chance to get his s*** straight in Charlotte. John Adkins stinks.