Oakland vs. Minnesota

the People's Champ

Minny slap them around a little bit? I personally dont think it would happen but I seriously want someone to bring them back down to Earth a bit. Even though Minnesota is chasing us, they are on the verge of being passed by the Tribe anyway. I wouldnt mind seeing the Twinkies take all three from the A-holes.

Edited by the People's Champ

I agree completely. The Twins are not going to catch the Sox. If the Sox go .500 the rest of the way, the Twins would have to go 44-14 to tie. Without Tori Hunter, the Twins might not break even the rest of the way.

The one thing I dread most is facing Oakland in the first round. Anything to keep Oakland out of the wild card is fine by me. If the A's don't falter, it would be best if they took first from Anaheim.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 03:44 PM)
I'd like to see the A's come back down to earth.  But,  at this point,  I'm no longer afraid to play them in the first round.  If this White Sox team is as good as we're all hoping,  they'll be able to take on all challengers.

Not the A's.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 02:44 PM)
I'd like to see the A's come back down to earth.  But,  at this point,  I'm no longer afraid to play them in the first round.  If this White Sox team is as good as we're all hoping,  they'll be able to take on all challengers.

well said.

I wanna play the A's in the playoffs. Cause revenge is a dish best served in the playoffs.

Ever notice the A's are all white guys. A bunch of racists.

Wheres the culture on that team.

Edited by GoSox05

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 04:40 PM)
I wanna play the A's in the playoffs. Cause revenge is a dish best served in the playoffs. 

Chavez and Scutaro are latin players. Oh yeah, Dotel too.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 04:40 PM)

Kiko Calero - Puerto Rico

Ricardo Rincon - Mexico

Keiichi Yabu - Japan

Marco Scutaro - Venezuela

Jay Paton - Black

QUOTE(nvxplorer @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 03:34 PM)
The Twins are not going to catch the Sox. If the Sox go .500 the rest of the way, the Twins would have to go 44-14 to tie.

Ironically that is quite similar to the record Oakland has built since they got hot :huh:

I say let Oakland win. Let them win 45 or 50 of their remaining games and strut into Chicago thinking its a mere formality. Just let them...

SFF

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 04:56 PM)
Everyone on that team looks the same to me?  And alot of them look like players on the Padres too? Weird

Pedro Astacio - Dominican Republic

Akinori Otsuka - Japan

Chan Ho Park - Korea

Miguel Olivo - Dominican Republic

Khalil Greene - Nome

Damian Jackson - Black

Dave Roberts - Black

Eric Young - Black